Introducing Media Entertainment Anytime, Anywhere
London - June 1, 2011 - CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) is pleased to unveil PowerDVD for Android at Computex 2011, a compelling Android device app that plays videos, photos and audio files on mobile devices, allowing users to enjoy multimedia entertainment anytime, anywhere.
"CyberLink keeps creating the most intuitive and friendly multimedia experiences for users," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "With the unveil of PowerDVD for Android, we once again realize our vision of ubiquitous media experience, helping users to enjoy the wired and wireless interoperable network made up of consumer electronics, PCs and portable devices in the home and on the road."
The key features of PowerDVD for Android include:
- All-in-One media player - Media player app for videos, photos and music on your favorite mobile device such as Android phones and slate devices so you can enjoy them wherever you go.
- HD video playback with MKV format support - PowerDVD for Android enables HD video experience with MKV format support.
- 3D playback and 2D-to-3D conversion on Android - PowerDVD for Android extends multimedia entertainment from PCs to Android portable devices by enabling 3D playback and real-time 2D-to-3D conversion for photo and video devices on top of high performance NVIDIA Tegra platform.
- Camera module for Android devices - features include live video recording and photo shooting directly integrated into your camera roll. CyberLink Camera App includes image enhancement for best quality photo on mobile devices and support for dual-camera (front/rear) enabled portable devices.
- DLNA solution for Android - PowerDVD for Android allows users to push media to large TV screen and facilitates the playback of remote media from DLNA servers, so that users can play media from anywhere.
- DTCP-IP solution for Android - PowerDVD for Android supports DTCP-IP protected content playback, enabling users to access HD TV content remotely from Android devices.
PowerDVD for Android is currently available for OEM partners.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs, CEs and mobile devices through the use of video editing software, video player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: top-5 desktop and notebook providers, optical drive manufacturers and graphic-card makers. Today, CyberLink's software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Disc playback and creation; digital home entertainment; and touch-enabled media solution. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at www.cyberlink.com.