London - May 27, 2011 - CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solution provider for the connected digital lifestyle, will showcase the next generation of media entertainment technologies and the best media experience during Computex 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei, Suite 1047 & 1048, May 31 - June 4, 2011.
CyberLink will unveil a genuinely new multimedia ecosystem featuring solutions for a complete multimedia entertainment experience, including TrueTheater media enhancement technologies, the blazingly fast TrueVelocity video editing engine and the extension of digital media beyond the PC to portable devices like Android smartphones and tablets.
"Our goal is to make media entertainment truly anytime, anywhere," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We are excited to be able to showcase CyberLink's fascinating new multimedia ecosystem to partners and press at Computex 2011."
CyberLink's next generation of multimedia solutions on display includes:
Multimedia Application on PC:
- The Universal Player for All Media - PowerDVD 11 plays Blu-ray discs, DVDs, video files, music and photos and now takes your entertainment experience beyond the PC, with new apps for your iPhone, iPad and Android devices. CyberLink now takes further steps to enable glasses-free stereo 3D Blu-ray playback on laptops and desktop PCs with PowerDVD.
- High Speed Video Processing Engine - CyberLink demonstrates PowerDirector 9, the world's first 64-bit consumer video editing and the TrueVelocity engine that takes advantage of CPU and GPU power to dramatically speed up the entire video process for the HD era.
- Video Enhancement Technology - Featuring a series of advanced technologies that not only improves media quality of consumer generated videos but also upgrades movie titles to high-definition-like quality and even stereoscopic 3D.
- Intuitive Photo Application - CyberLink will unveil the BRAND NEW software PhotoDirector 2011 for the first time during Computex, allowing user to easily turn photos into masterpieces.
Multimedia Application on Android Device:
- Media Player App on Android Devices - PowerDVD for Android plays any videos, photos, and audio files on your favorite mobile device such as Android phones and slate devices so you can enjoy them wherever you go.
- DLNA solution for Android - PowerDVD for Android facilitates the playback of remote media from DLNA servers, allowing users to play media from anywhere.
- DTCP-IP solution for Android - PowerDVD for Android supports DTCP-IP premium content playback, enabling users to access HD TV content remotely from Android devices.
- Auto Stereoscopic 3D Application on Android - CyberLink will showcase cutting-edge auto-stereo 3D solutions including native 3D playback, 2D-to-3D conversion for photo and video on Android with its strategic partner MasterImage 3D.
- Android Remote App - Turn your Android device into a Remote Control with PowerDVD Remote app. Control Blu-ray movies, and manage videos, photos and music on your PC wherever you are in your house with a tap or flick of a finger. You can even use the apps to play content from your portable devices on your big screen display.
- Camera App for Mobile Devices - Features include live video recording and photo shooting directly integrated into your camera roll. CyberLink Camera App includes image enhancement for best quality photo on mobile devices and support for dual-camera (front/rear) enabled portable devices.
- Slideshow App for Your Phone/Device - CyberLink's MediaStory slideshow app turns photos taken with your iPhone or Android phone into animated slideshows to share with friends on Facebook.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs, CEs and mobile devices through the use of video editing software, video player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: top-5 desktop and notebook providers, optical drive manufacturers and graphic-card makers. Today, CyberLink's software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Disc playback and creation; digital home entertainment; and touch-enabled media solution. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at www.cyberlink.com.