LONDON, UK – October 18, 2017 – Today at Adobe MAX, the Creativity Conference, Adobe unveiled the next generation of Creative Cloud, including four brand new applications, Adobe XD CC for experience design, Adobe Dimension CC for 2D to 3D compositing and Character Animator CC for 2D animation. Adobe also introduced an all new cloud-based photography service, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC. In addition, Adobe announced feature updates to its flagship applications including Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, and Premiere Pro CC, and ongoing expansion of its Adobe Stock service.
All of these updates include capabilities powered by Adobe Sensei, Adobe’s artificial intelligence and machine learning platform and are the latest in a series of innovations from Adobe that serve modern creative professionals and enthusiasts wherever and however they work. From the rapidly expanding system of mobile-first applications or the recent addition of branded, premium features to Adobe Spark, Adobe is building out a range of fast, flexible solutions for creative projects of all types.
“Adobe continues to lead the creative revolution, driving modernisation and innovation that will accelerate the creative process across all platforms and devices,” said Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe. “Today, we unveiled a new generation of Creative Cloud, with a wide spectrum of capabilities—from new experience design, 2D animation and 3D rendering apps to an all-new, cloud-based photography service. These tools enable creative professionals and enthusiasts to express themselves and reach their full creative potential anytime, anywhere, on any device.”
In addition to seeing Adobe’s latest innovation, attendees will hear from the world’s best creative minds including designer Jonathan Adler, actor and director Jon Favreau, photographer Annie Griffiths and music producer and DJ Mark Ronson. MAX also brings together major technology companies such as Microsoft, CDW, Dell, Google, HP and Intel, as well as design-first, creative brands such as Coca Cola, Airstream, Pantone, and Moleskine. To sign up a livestream of the keynotes, visit: https://max.adobe.com/sessions/max-online/sign-up/.
Accelerating Creativity with Adobe Sensei
As part of this Creative Cloud release, Adobe continues to embed artificial intelligence capabilities across the entire system of applications and services with Adobe Sensei. These Sensei- powered features enable creators to go from concept to completion much faster and brings the power of advanced technology and deep learning to accelerate the creative process.
Next Generation Creative Applications
- Adobe XD CC: Developed in open partnership with the design community through a public beta, Adobe XD is the all-in-one cross-platform solution for designing and prototyping mobile apps and websites. Created by designers for designers, Adobe XD delivers the necessary speed, precision and quality to go from static comps or wireframes to fully interactive prototypes in minutes.
- Adobe Dimension CC: Previously Project Felix, Dimension gives graphic designers the power and flexibility of 3D with the ease and simplicity of working with 2D. Dimension enables graphic designers to quickly create and iterate on photorealistic 3D images to realise branding and packaging designs in real world settings.
- Adobe Character Animator CC: Previously in beta and launching today, this 2D animation tool helps bring still image artwork from Photoshop or Illustrator to life. Character Animator has been showcased on primetime shows including “The Late Show” with Stephen Colbert, “The Simpsons” and Jim Cramer’s “Mad Money”. New features include pose-to-pose blending, new physics behaviours and visual puppet controls. Adobe Sensei also helps improve lip-sync capability by accurately matching mouth shape with spoken sounds.
All New Lightroom CC Photography Service
Lightroom CC is Adobe’s all new cloud-centric photo service for editing, organising, storing and sharing photos – from anywhere. Designed for professionals and enthusiasts, Lightroom features a more intuitive user interface, enables powerful editing in full resolution, and automatically synchronises changes across mobile, desktop and the web. Lightroom makes organising photography collections easier with features like searchable keywords that are automatically applied without the hassle of tagging. And Lightroom makes it simple to share photos on social media.
Adobe also announced performance and editing updates to Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC, previously known as Photoshop Lightroom CC, which continues to focus on a more traditional desktop-first workflow.
New Innovation and Performance Enhancements Across Flagship Applications
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC: Previously known as Photoshop Lightroom CC, Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC features performance and editing improvements including an enhanced Embedded Preview workflow that enables users to scroll through large sets of photos to select a subset of images significantly faster than before.
- Adobe Photoshop CC now offers significantly expanded photography support, major improvements in learning and getting started, and enhanced overall performance.
- Adobe Illustrator CC delivers multiple workflow, user experience and performance improvements.
- Adobe InDesign CC now offers designers more control over their workflow with an improved user experience that allows them to complete common tasks faster and more easily access the tools and assets they use frequently.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC introduces deep collaboration features, state-of-the-art immersive 360/VR workflows and Responsive motion graphics controls.
- Adobe After Effects CC improves the efficiency of motion graphics creation by streamlining your ability to create data-driven graphics and deliver high-quality VR and 3D results. And it does it all faster with GPU performance enhancements.
One-Click Access to Assets and Inspiration
New integrated assets, expanded services and education resources help customers get started and realise their creative potential, including:
- Adobe Stock expands its asset collection with the introduction of hundreds of professionally-created motion graphics templates for video users in Premiere CC and After Effects CC. The most comprehensive creative marketplace now has over 100 million assets including photos, illustrations, videos and vectors.
- Adobe Typekit now leverages Adobe Sensei to provide a whole new way to search for fonts. Users can submit their own photos of type and find similar fonts available on Typekit. The new Typekit visual search technology is also the first Adobe Sensei-powered service that will be available to third-party developers.
- Inspiration and Education: Adobe announces additional investment and expanded resources to help customers get started and realise their creative potential. This includes the launch of AdobeLIVE on Behance, a livestreaming channel where 10 million Behance community members can learn from and inspire each other. The channel now features 24 hours of weekly programming, and will expand to 24/7 programming starting 2018.
Scaling Creativity and Design for Business
Adobe XD CC, Dimension CC and Adobe Stock are being adopted by global brands and agencies to deliver engaging experiences at scale across devices and channels. Design is more critical to businesses than ever before and companies like HP, Boosted Boards, Vice Media, Viacom and Dentsu Aegis are leveraging Adobe XD CC and Adobe Stock in Creative Cloud. New integrations between Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud, part of Experience Cloud, help businesses deliver content velocity across creative-to-marketing workflows
Pricing and Availability
Updates to Creative Cloud desktop software are now available, including membership plans for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. Adobe’s mobile apps are available for download from Apple App Store and Google Play now.
- For photographers that want an all-in-one plan that offers the full benefits of the Lightroom CC service plus the transformative power of Photoshop, the Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1 TB includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Photoshop CC, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 1 TB of cloud storage (£16.64/month excl. VAT, but available at £12.48/month excl. VAT for the first year for existing Creative Cloud Photography customers)
- Lightroom CC has also been added to the existing Creative Cloud Photography plan with an additional 20 GB of storage to help users get started on the new service. This plan remains at £8.32/month excl. VAT and includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 20 GB of cloud storage. Creative Cloud All Apps members also have access to the new Lightroom CC service.
- The all new Lightroom CC plan addresses the needs of photographers who want a cloud-based photography service for editing, organising, storing and sharing their photos from wherever they are, and includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 1 TB of cloud storage (£8.32/month excl. VAT)
For those who are truly mobile and don’t require a desktop photography solution, the Lightroom Mobile plan is available with 100 GB for iOS (£4.49/month) and Android (£4.39/month).
About Adobe Sensei
Adobe Sensei is a framework and set of intelligent services built into the Adobe Cloud Platform which dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences. Adobe Sensei leverages the company’s massive volume of content and data assets, as well as its deep domain expertise in the creative, marketing and document segments, within a unified artificial intelligence/machine learning framework. To learn more, visit adobe.com/go/sensei.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information visit www.adobe.com/uk.