Belkin Announces Latest Additions to Connected Things and Connected Home Categories
BERLIN – September 5, 2019 — Belkin, the Connected Things division within the newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity, today announces the global debut of its Thunderbolt 3 Dock at IFA 2019, located at Messe Berlin, FirstWise Lounge Hall 3.2, Booth 204.
The Belkin Thunderbolt 3™ dock comes at a time where both corporate offices and coworking spaces are embracing the idea of “hotel desks.” These unassigned, operating-system agnostic desks are based on the premise that employees should be able to work wherever and whenever they want without having their productivity interrupted.
According to this recent article which pulled from a number of different surveys on work space trends:
- Up until 2022, the number of coworking spaces is expected to grow at an annual rate of 6% in the U.S. and 13% elsewhere
- In 2018, the number of coworking spaces rose 16% in the U.S. and 36% outside the U.S.
- Europe is forecasted to see 255 million square feet of flexible space in 2019, which represents a 12% increase
Thunderbolt 3™ Dock
- Works well in corporate offices and co-working spaces as they are embracing the concept of hotel desks
- Multiple ports – 4 USB-A 3.0, 1 USB-A 3.1, 2 Thunderbolt 3™ ports, USB-C 3.1 port, Gigabit Ethernet, Display Port, Audio In/Out, 85W Upstream Charging – for all-in-one connectivity to Thunderbolt 3 device
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Supports two 4K displays at 60Hz or one 8K display at 30Hz
Availability: later this year
About Belkin International
In 2018, Foxconn Interconnect Technology merged with Belkin International (Belkin®, Linksys®, Wemo®, Phyn®) to create a global consumer electronics leader. Today, this group leads in connecting people with technologies at home, at work and on the go within the accessories (“Connected Things” – Belkin brand) and the smart home (“Connected Home” – Linksys, Wemo and Phyn brands) markets.