TP-LINK's new app enables smart phone and tablet users to easily set up and manage their network and seamlessly share multimedia files
READING, UK, 15 August 2013: TP-LINK, the global provider of SOHO and SMB networking products, has today announced the launch of its first mobile application: TP-LINK Tether. Designed for both home and small business users, the app provides a straightforward user interface for the effortless creation and management of networks from start to finish on your mobile or tablet device.
Small business and home office users can benefit from sophisticated features that provide enhanced visibility and control, as well as an increased level of security. Administrators can view and manage Internet settings and connected devices, as well as restrict access to the network and certain websites. Home users can also enjoy the benefits of being able to share music, videos and images within the home, across multiple compatible devices such as tablets, smartphones and Smart TVs.
TP-LINK Tether features include:
- Live Network Management Access: Provides an overview of all devices connected to the network and offers the option to ‘block' any unauthorised users
- Administrator Management: Designate administrators by selecting users/devices that can control the router and the associated permissions, allowing more than one administrator
- Online Behaviours: Use URL-based ‘white list' to determine which website are safe and prevent access to those that aren't. Limit network access during certain times of the day
- Parental Control: Allows parents to implement restrictions, using their phone or tablet, based on the parental control features available on the router
- Media Sharing and DLNA: Using DLNA, consumers can detect and stream multimedia files including music, video and images from any device on the network such as a USB hard drive to any compatible device such as a Smart TV.
Eric Wang, Country Manager of TP-LINK, said: "Home networks are fast becoming more sophisticated and complex as savvy consumers continue to purchase devices that require Internet access such as gaming consoles and smart TVs. In fact, the requirements now for a home network are not that dissimilar to that of a small business or home office. The new TP-LINK Tether app enables consumers and businesses alike to easily manage their network from a mobile device and provides them with increased visibility and security using the sophisticated features. At TP-LINK we are dedicated to providing our customers with easy-to-use, affordable network solutions."
Available on iOS and Android devices, the new TP-LINK Tether is currently compatible with TP-LINK's dual band cable router range including the N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router TL-WDR3600 and the AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router TL-WDR7500. This new functionality will be included in all future firmware upgrades. To check compatibility please visit: http://uk.tp-link.com
TP-LINK is a global provider of SOHO & SMB networking products and the World's No.1 provider of WLAN and Broadband CPE devices, with products available in over 100 countries to tens of millions customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in Wireless, ADSL, Routers, Switches, IP Cameras, Powerline Adapters, Print Servers, Media Converters and Network Adapters for Global end-users.
Based on the confidence of tens of millions of customers, TP-LINK is now growing to become one of the most competitive providers of networking products with aspirations to become one of the top 3 networking brands in the world and striving for a larger global market share, while further advancing in the world of networking to better serve our most valued customers with products that make their lives easier. For further information visit http://uk.tp-link.com/. Follow TP-LINK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TPLINK and Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TPLINKUK?fref=ts. Visit the TP-LINK forum: forum.tp-link.com.