Taipei, Taiwan, May 9th, 2017 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the launch of the major ADM 3.0 upgrade for all ASUSTOR NAS devices. This new upgrade features a redesigned user interface while also integrating ASUSTOR’s new breakthrough EasyConnect technology that makes it easier than ever for users to utilize NAS technology to create personal cloud storage.
ADM 3.0 extends the usage habits users have with their smartphones and tablets over to its interface by providing a host of familiar functions. These functions include the ability to group icons on the desktop and create a name for the group, widgets for pinning frequently used system information to the right side of the interface for real-time monitoring, and a convenient system announcement function that allows system administrators to easily communicate with all NAS users. ADM 3.0 also further provides convenient file and folder shortcuts from the ADM desktop. Users can simply drag and drop files or folders to the desktop to create shortcut icons. Additionally, all Apps will be upgraded with new ADM 3.0 interface features such as resizable windows, adjustable side panels and sorting functions that significantly increase ease of use.
“ADM 3.0 transforms the ADM interface with fresh new design elements, optimized operation smoothness and various other fine details, “ said Quote Lin, Director of the Technical Service Division at ASUSTOR. “We have also introduced our new AEC Internet passthrough technology that simplifies previously complex configurations that had to be done in local network and multi-router environments. This allows our NAS products to be more accessible to everyday users and helps them to easily integrate cloud storage into their homes.”
New Features for the ADM 3.0 Beta:
Brand New Interface Design Elements
ADM 3.0 features desktop icons can be automatically resized according to the display resolution. All App windows and the width of the internal side panels within windows can also now be adjusted ensuring that ADM can be comfortably displayed on small notebooks, big displays and everything in between.
Flexible Use of Desktop Space
ADM 3.0 provides a flexibly designed desktop layout that can provide an optimal configuration based on the display resolution. Furthermore, convenient App organization provided by the grouping function allows users to experience management that is very much like a tablet device. Users are also able to drag and drop frequently used folder or files to the desktop to create shortcuts. Additionally, ADM 3.0 also provides a desktop icon list and supports the creation of desktop snapshots along with a restore function, ensuring that you will always be able to find the Apps you need.
Desktop Interface Advancements
- Desktop widgets for efficient real-time monitoring: System administrators can now self-define desktop widgets in order to monitor the system status in real-time. Widgets include Storage Manager, Activity Monitor, online users and important logs.
- Convenient system announcements: This function allows administrators to post or schedule announcements. Announcements can be configured to be displayed before, after or during log in.
- ADM Online Help Assistant: ADM 3.0 provides an online help assistant before and after logging in to the system in order to help users quickly get started with ASUSTOR NAS.
- Easily keep ADM and all apps updated: ADM 3.0 introduces App and ADM system upgrade prompts. If there are items that can be upgraded, App Central and the Settings icon will indicate the number of upgradable Apps via a notification bubble. Combined with the scheduled upgrade function, this allows users to easily make sure everything is always up to date.
- App shortcuts: ASUSTOR has simplified the Photo Gallery, SoundsGood, LooksGood and Surveillance Center login process by adding a new shortcut option. Users only need to install these four Apps and then select the shortcut option under the settings menu and they will be able to pin these Apps into the upper-right corner of the ADM login screen. This allows users to skip over the ADM login process and quickly access the dedicated page for the App they want to access, login there and then begin to use the App.
Comprehensive App Upgrades
All Apps will be upgraded to the new ADM 3.0 design version, featuring new functional and interface enhancements.
- Storage Manager: List-type interface that is easy to understand at a glance with added overview section and support for the ASUSTOR expansion unit (future release).
- Activity Monitor: All new interface and icons let you monitor system resources in real-time.
Desktop background themes can be changed according to user preferences. Users can also upload their own images to use as the desktop background. The interface font and window button colors can now also be customized for added visual comfort.
Effortless Connections to Your NAS
ADM 3.0 provides easy connections by supporting a new Internet passthrough function that helps users to simplify previously complex router configurations. Even if users with mobile devices are under local network or multi-router environments, all they need to do is upgrade their apps to the latest version supporting ADM 3.0 and they will be able to easily connect to their NAS to access their data from anywhere and at any time. For computer users, they only need to install the new ASUSTOR EasyConnect (AEC) utility to utilize the Internet passthrough function and conveniently connect to their NAS at home. Furthermore, they will also be use AEC to map their NAS to their computer as a network drive for convenient access.
Preinstalled Apps for Home and Business Use
ADM 3.0 has added a usage option during system initialization. Users can select whether their NAS will be used primarily for home or business use and then have associated NAS Apps installed during system initialization.
Home and Personal Use: Photo Gallery, SoundsGood, iTunes Server, UPnP Media Server, LooksGood, ASUSTOR Portal, Kodi/XBMC, Remote Center.
Business Use: Avast Anti-Virus, DataSync for Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, HiDrive, Syslog Server.
For more information about the ADM 3.0 Beta Program, please visit: http://www.asustor.com/betaProgram
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc. was established via direct investment from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. The ASUSTOR brand name was created as a portmanteau of “ASUS” and “Storage”. ASUSTOR is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions, also specializing in the development and integration of related firmware, hardware and applications. We are devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.