This year at SIGGRAPH, AMD showcased its latest Radeon Pro high-performance solutions for creators and designers, launching the powerful new Radeon Pro WX 8200 professional graphics card and major updates to the Radeon ProRender engine for CAD artists and 3D designers. AMD also announced a partnership with Vancouver Film School to help the next-generation of creators realize their VFX visions utilizing Radeon Pro.
- Delivering world’s best workstation graphics performance for under $1,000 with the all-new Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card: AMD introduced the Radeon Pro WX 8200 for professionals seeking improved performance in D&M, M&E and A&C workloads. Based on the advanced “Vega” GPU architecture, the card incorporates AMD’s High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC) and other advanced features enabling the performance required for driving increasingly large and complex models through the entire design visualization pipeline. The card will be available for pre-order at Newegg on August 13, with expected on-shelf availability in early September and an SEP of $999 USD.
- Supporting the next generation of creators at Vancouver Film School: AMD announced an alliance with the Vancouver Film School to open the AMD Creators Lab, a new tech innovation lab and hub for Vancouver’s professional VFX community powered by Radeon Pro and Ryzen technologies. Built in the heart of the VFS downtown campus and adjacent to the city’s digital production and developer hub, the lab will offer an open working space for students, artists and computer graphics professionals to discover and create using the latest industry-leading technology.
- Enhancements to Radeon ProRender: AMD also introduced new plug-ins for Radeon ProRender, AMD’s high-performance physically-based rendering engine offering CAD designers and 3D artists the ability to create renders quickly and easily. This includes the Pixar USD viewport plug-in for developers building a USD viewport for their application. In addition, the new Radeon ProRender USD plug-in available on GitHub adds path-traced rendering for accurate viewport previews. For more information, please read the blog here.
- 2nd gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper desktop processors now available: Including the 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and the 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, global retailers and system integrators can now get their hands on these powerful processors. Designed for professional content creators, developers, gamers and hardware enthusiasts requiring a large amount of processing power for building, creating and rendering content, those mega-tasking and running multiple applications at the same time will also appreciate the zero impact on desktop responsiveness and experience.
AMD is also showcasing a wide range of advanced technology demonstrations at SIGGRAPH, including:
- AI Rendering: Machine learning with AMD’s ROCm and Radeon Pro WX Series GPUs, slashing rendering times without sacrificing quality.
- Real-time, Viewport Raytracing: This next generation application viewport technology brings real-time ray-tracing quality directly into the editing windows of DCC and CAD applications.
- Flexible, eGPU Rendering: AMD Radeon ProRender natively integrated inside the newly released Maxon Cinema 4D R20 using an Apple iMac and Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box powered by Radeon Pro WX 9100.
Last week, AMD also released its latest quarterly pro software update with the new AMD Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3 driver, letting professionals work from virtually anywhere with new built-in remote workstation features and bringing more than 50 percent faster performance in both media and entertainment and design and manufacturing workflows. For additional details, check out the blog post here.