At CES 2008, Microsoft announced nine more 'Games for Windows' titles. These join the portfolio from renowned publishers, including Capcom, Eidos and Lucas Arts and bring the number of certified titles to more than 60.
The new titles are:
· Alone in the Dark (Atari)
· Bionic Commando (Capcom)
· Conflict: Denied Ops(Eidos Interactive)
· Empire: Total War (SEGA)
· LEGO Indiana Jones (LucasArts)
· Microsoft Train Simulator 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
· Sins of a Solar Empire(Stardock)
· Space Siege (SEGA)
· Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos Interactive)
Other certified titles expected to be released in 2008 include, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Funcom, Eidos Interactive), Borderlands (2K Games), The Club (SEGA), Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) and Frontlines: Fuel of War (THQ).
"Games for Windows-branded titles were among the most popular Windows-based games purchased as gifts this holiday", said Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising for GameStop Corp. "Microsoft’s efforts to revive Windows-based gaming have helped grow the category."