London, January 26, 2018 — After more than two years of questions and requests from our community, Thrustmaster® is proud to finally be able to make the announcement that people have been waiting for: all the thrills of drifting and rally racing are now right at your fingertips, with the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod. This product is the latest innovative component in Thrustmaster’s ever-growing racing ecosystem, and offers a choice of two different modes: progressive handbrake, and sequential gearbox. The icing on the cake? It’s officially licensed by Sparco®!
A major, groundbreaking development
Painstakingly developed in close collaboration with Sparco®, the brand that defines standards for racing gear, Thrustmaster’s TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is the third product to hit the market as a result of this unique partnership. Its goal is the same as that of its two predecessors: to transport gamers right to the heart of an ultra-realistic racing experience. Hot on the heels of the previously released full racing wheel and an add-on rally wheel, the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is a versatile new element in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, opening up the following exciting possibilities:
- Progressive handbrake mode, for perfectly-proportioned action; or
- Sequential gearbox mode, for incredibly efficient gear shifting.
- Drifting in GT or rally racing: gamers will love being able to fully explore and master both styles!
- Totally realistic immersion in games and simulations: at 3.3 inches/8.5 cm tall, the handle is a 1:1 scale replica of those in Sparco®’s rally and drifting range.
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s powerful design is based on cutting-edge engineering:
- The unit is rock-solid mechanically, thanks to the use of extremely high-quality materials – 90% of which are crafted of metal, including industrial flat coil springs with 8.8 pounds/4 kg of resistance.
- It allows for both smooth and abrupt braking actions.
- It incorporates Thrustmaster’s award-winning H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™ for ultimate precision that won’t decrease over time, thanks to a contactless magnetic sensor.
Infinite possibilities for all driving styles
- The handle’s height is fully adjustable.
- The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s handle can also easily be turned 90° for horizontal handbraking in GT mode, in addition to the normal vertical position for rally mode.
- The unit features a handy attachment system for cockpits, thanks to its built-in M6 screw threads.
- Gamers wishing to use the unit in a more common way – such as on a table or desk – will be able to opt for Thrustmaster’s related clamp (sold separately), which can also accommodate a TH8A for a complete setup including a progressive handbrake and a shifter.
Full PC compatibility
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod has been specially designed for PC gamers, and is compatible with Windows® 10, 8 and 7. What’s more, although it’s been created with owners of Thrustmaster racing wheels in mind (in particular the T150, TMX, T300 series, TX series, T500 RS, TS-PC RACER, TS-XW RACER and T-GT, all of which are sold separately), it’s perfect for owners of any racing wheel from all other brands as well!
- The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is now available, at a suggested retail price of £239.99
Check out all of our products at www.thrustmaster.com.
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories. The Group offers a diversified range of products under the Hercules and Thrustmaster brand names. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently present in 11 countries (France, Germany, Spain, the UK, the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, China [Hong Kong] and Romania) and distributes its products in more than 85 countries worldwide. The Group’s mission is to offer high-performance, ergonomic products which maximize the enjoyment of digital interactive entertainment for end users. www.guillemot.com
About SPARCO®: The famous high-quality motorsports equipment maker acclaimed by racing drivers
The Italian company SPARCO® S.p.A has been producing high-quality motorsports equipment such as racing steering wheels, racing seats, racewear, and a huge list of motorsports-related accessories since 1977. SPARCO® is widely regarded as one of the global leaders in its market.
SPARCO® is also no stranger to the sim-racing world: many community members use SPARCO® seats on their custom racing chassis, and some even use modded real-world SPARCO® racing steering wheels on their sim rigs. Following on from its partnerships with game developers, it now comes as no surprise that SPARCO® has discovered the huge market potential of eSports and sim racing-related hardware, in particular.
Sparco® was established in 1977 to meet the safety requirements in the motoring field. Since the end of the 90s, in addition to the core business (racing and karting products and tuning, accessories for the customization of the car), Sparco® provides original carbon seats and components for the automotive and aerospace industries. Nowadays, Sparco® is employing more than 800 people, exporting to over 80 countries. www.sparco-official.com