Having recently evaluated Compro's Network Media Centre T1000W, we found the unit to be a jack of all trades and a master of none.
Hoping to make amends, Compro has been in touch and has vowed to improve the product through a series of upcoming firmware updates. Addressing just some of the shortcomings found in our review, Compro hopes to "resolve a significant amount of potential complaints about the product" through at least half-a-dozen enhancements.
If you've already picked up the unit, and you're feeling as underwhelmed as we were, here's what Compro reckons you can expect to see improved over the next two months:
By the end of Nov 2009:
- New DVD navigation method which would enhance the DVD playback.
By the end of Dec 2009:
- A new DVB-T channel manager which gives user the control of channel list ordering and edition.
- An easy access single click firmware update which eliminates the need of finding and downloading the correct firmware for your unit.
- One touch EPG recording where a single press on the remote would complete the record programming .
- Improved multi-tasking where users can use the music playback or photo slide functions while keeping the recording running at the back ground.
- User configurable bit torrent interface to include download/upload limit and scheduled BT operation.
Compro adds that there may be other firmware changes along the way, but the above would go some way toward improving the end-user experience. We wait with bated breath.