- Following on from the success of the originals, the Nokia 3310 and the Nokia 8110, make way for the classic Nokia 2720 Flip re-imagined
- Fall in love with the 90s with this stylish compact phone perfect for a digital detox or making a statement
- The ideal companion for simplicity seekers or those looking for a second phone to disconnect at the weekend but still have access to essential apps like WhatsApp
LONDON, 31ST OCTOBER 2019 - HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, today announces the Nokia 2720 Flip is now available to buy in the UK for £89.99. Available in Black from today in John Lewis and Carphone Warehouse, the Nokia 2720 Flip will also be available to purchase from Argos, Amazon, AO, A1 Comms and Go Mobile next week.
A classic flip reimagined for today’s connected user, the Nokia 2720 Flip is compact and tactile but transformed in usability thanks to the integrated AI technology. The device features a familiar flip-phone design, combining simplicity and reliability in a durable device. Bringing modern features to today’s fans, Nokia 2720 Flip comes with WhatsApp and Facebook to make sure you’re connected to what matters, while having the Google Assistant1 just a button-push away meaning consumers can get more done with their voice. In case the unexpected happens, Nokia 2720 Flip comes with an Emergency Button as well as an ICE (In Case of Emergency) information menu – making it the perfect phone for the ones you love.
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global:
“We know how important it is to be connected to what matters. With Nokia 2720 Flip we wanted to bring modern everyday essentials like 4G, WhatsApp and the Google Assistant to a familiar flip-phone format, that fans both love and remember. Nokia 2720 Flip is the latest addition to our Originals family and joins the Nokia 8110 4G as an excellent option for people looking for a smarter feature phone.”
With the Nokia 2720 Flip you get:
- Compact and easy to use design; simply flip it open to answer and flip it closed to end calls
- 1.3” external screen shows who’s calling before opening your phone to answer the call
- Bright and bold 2.8” display with large, easy to read text
- The big buttons help you navigate your phone with ease
- The Google Assistant - get more done with just your voice2
- Up to 28 days standby time from a single charge, you could leave your phone on standby for the whole of February on one charge! (unless of course it’s a leap year)
- Emergency button to send an SMS with ICE information to up to five contacts with your location, after which it rings your selected contacts until they answer
- WhatsApp and Facebook preloaded plus more apps and games are available via the KaiOS app store
- Built to last like all Nokia phones, the Nokia 2720 Flip has a great feel and durability that handles everyday knocks
The classic flip design – simple and reliable
With Nokia 2720 Flip, simply flip the phone open to answer calls and close it to end them. Inspired by the legendary Nokia 2720, Nokia 2720 Flip brings back a familiar, tactile flip-phone design Nokia fans know and love. With an external 1.3” screen, Nokia 2720 Flip lets you see notifications or check who is calling, before flipping it open to the main screen to answer the call. When you’re finished, simply flip it close to hang up.
Designed for effortless dialling and messaging, Nokia 2720 Flip comes with a tactile keypad with big buttons, so fans can navigate menus with ease, always in control of what key they’re pressing. Nokia 2720 Flip’s bright 2.8” main screen that has the option to display text in large format, so you can read things at a glance or from afar.
Nokia 2720 Flip comes with battery that lasts for up to 27 days on standby, meaning you can stay in touch with friends and family for longer. All of this comes packed in a timeless Nokia phone design with all the qualities you’d expect. Made from an inherently coloured durable polycarbonate material, you can rely on your Nokia 2720 Flip to look and perform like its brand new for longer.
Modern everyday essentials for today’s flip phone users
To ensure you stay connected with friends and family, the Nokia 2720 Flip comes with essential apps like WhatsApp and Facebook preloaded. Watch videos on YouTube, get directions on Google Maps or play Snake – with even more apps available to download from the App store.
Nokia 2720 Flip comes with the Google Assistant, so you can call, message or search the internet with just your voice. This allows fans to get more done using just their voice, without needing to type everything out. The Google Assistant is available at a push of a button for effortlessly completing your daily tasks.
Enjoy clear HD VoLTE2 calls and fast connectivity over 4G. Browse the web on your phone or turn Nokia 2720 Flip into a Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing you to connect a laptop or tablet to the internet when you need a bigger screen.
Peace of mind is just a press away
In case the unexpected happens, pressing the Nokia 2720 Flip’s Emergency Button sends a message to five contacts of your choice giving details of your location, after which it rings your selected contacts until they answer. The ICE (In Case of Emergency) information menu holds all vital information of the Nokia 2720 Flip owner, from date of birth to emergency contacts, medical conditions, blood type and allergy information, giving first responders access to everything they may need to know, faster.
Nokia 2720 Flip also comes with enhanced usability features including increased standard alert volume and text size - making sure you don’t miss calls and messages are easier to read in any conditions. Alerts can be made 50% louder and text 100% larger than standard.
Pricing and availability
The Nokia 2720 Flip is available today in Black for £89.99.
1 The Google Assistant is available in selected markets and languages.
2 The actual availability of VoLTE HD Calls is subject to local operators’ and carriers’ services.
About HMD Global
Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, HMD Global Oy is the home of Nokia phones. HMD designs and markets a range of smartphones and feature phones targeted at a range of consumers and price points. With a commitment to innovation and quality, HMD is the proud exclusive licensee of the Nokia brand for phones and tablets. For further information, see www.hmdglobal.com.