- Launch: Launching in the UK with a £349.99 MSRP on-shelf from 9th July 2018.
- Pre-Order: Available to pre-order from ASUS eShop from 26th June 2018 with £50 off. https://uk.store.asus.com/zenfone5.html
- Where-to-buy: initial launch on ASUS eShop and coming to Carphone Warehouse and John Lewis shortly.
LONDON, United Kingdom, June 26th, 2018 — ASUS today announced the ZenFone 5 will be available to pre-order from today on the ASUS eShop. With an MSRP of £349.99, those pre-ordering from ASUS eStore will receive £50 off the MSRP until the 8th July 2018 with stock shipping from 9th July.
The ZenFone 5 is an exciting next-generation 6.2-inch dual-camera smartphone that's the first ever ZenFone to harness the power of artificial intelligence (AI). ZenFone 5 revolutionizes mobile photography, giving users a simpler, smarter way to capture and share every magic moment.
ZenFone 5 is the first smartphone available worldwide to be powered by the latest Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 636 Mobile Platform with its smooth, responsive, power-efficient performance and AI capabilities. ZenFone 5 has an intelligent dual-camera system that adapts and learns, delivering perfect photos every time. With its flagship Sony® IMX363 sensor, 120° wide-angle secondary camera and AI- enhanced camera features — including AI Scene Detection, real-time portrait effects, AI Photo Learning and real-time beautification — ZenFone 5 encourages creativity and frees the user to concentrate on the subject rather than the camera.
Crafted to perfection with premium materials, ZenFone 5 has a strikingly beautiful ultraslim-bezel, all- screen design, featuring a stunning 6.2-inch display with a 90% screen-to-body ratio in a glass-covered body that's as small and compact as most standard 5.5-inch phones.
The intelligent dual-camera system in ZenFone 5 uses the flagship Sony® IMX363 image sensor, with large 1.4μm pixels and a bright f/1.8 wide-aperture six-element lens that captures up to 5X-brighter and clearer photos in low-light conditions, as well as enabling dramatic Night HDR shots. The 120° wide-angle secondary camera has a field of view that’s 2X wider than a standard smartphone camera, for capturing more expansive landscapes, more natural group shots, and easier photos in cramped spaces.
For truly intelligent photography, the camera system incorporates advanced AI algorithms and advanced big-data analytics, so ZenFone 5 is always evolving to constantly improve photos. The special AI- enhanced features in ZenFone 5 adapt and learn, delivering perfect photos every time and creating a truly personal experience for the user.
- AI Scene Detection: AI Scene Detection takes the guesswork out of photography. ZenFone 5 uses the power of AI to rapidly analyse the subject and match it to one of its 16 scene types, optimising the camera settings for almost any kind of shot from sunsets to pet pics. The result is effortlessly perfect photos, anytime and anywhere. ZenFone 5 uses advanced big-data analysis to constantly enhance the scene-detection AI algorithms, for ever-smarter photography.
- AI Photo Learning: AI Photo Learning lets users teach ZenFone 5 how they like your photos to look. It then automatically adjusts the camera settings for future shots — so photos will always reflect the user's unique style preferences.
- Real-time Portrait: ZenFone 5 lets users take professional-looking close-up shots of people or objects, without the hassle. Real-time Portrait with AI technology ensures that the main subject stays pin-sharp, while the background is given a sense of depth with a graduated bokeh effect — created using depth information intelligently analyzed from the subject — for a beautifully artistic photo. Real-time Portrait uses both cameras simultaneously to capture gorgeous portraits and close-ups that make the subject stand out with a real sense of depth, rivaling those taken with high-end DSLR cameras.
- Real-time Beautification: ZenFone 5 gives users their own personal beauty consultant in their pocket. AI Beautification intelligently reads 365 facial points and applies personalised beautification based on an analysis of over two million possible enhancements. It works in real time with any face — regardless of age, shape, skin tone or gender — and produces amazing natural-looking results. It works perfectly in live-streaming video, too.
- Pro mode: ZenFone 5 includes the powerful Pro mode that gives users full control of all the camera settings, including white balance, exposure, focus, ISO, and an impressive range of shutter speeds from 1/10000 to 32 seconds. With its support for unprocessed RAW files, ZenFone 5 is also the ideal choice for users who prefer to fine-tune their images using photo- editing software.
At the heart of ZenFone 5 is the latest powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform, an advanced 14μm 64-bit octa-core system-on-a-chip (SoC) with up to 6GB RAM that delivers over 40%- higher CPU performance and 10%-higher graphics performance than the Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform, while maintaining excellent battery life.
ZenFone 5 includes a full suite of AI-enhanced features powered by the AI capabilities of the Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform. For an instant blast of extra power, ZenFone 5 includes ASUS AI Boost to immediately optimise performance for games or demanding tasks. And for rock-solid reliability, ZenFone 5 has four 0.06mm-slim carbon cooling pads that efficiently dissipate heat and maintain top performance at all times.
To deliver maximum on-the-go stamina, ZenFone 5 has a high-capacity 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast-charge technology. ZenFone 5 also introduces AI Charging to maximise the battery lifespan and provide total protection. AI Charging dynamically adjusts the charging rate by monitoring the user’s charging habits, slowing down the battery's ageing process.
For maximum flexibility and superb call quality, ZenFone 5 supports dual 4G LTE SIMs with Dual SIM, Dual VoLTE (DSDV) capabilities. This allows both SIMs to be on active standby, and also supports enhanced HD voice calls over 4G LTE on both SIMs.
By using an ultraslim-bezel, all-screen display, the 6.2-inch ZenFone 5 is as small as most standard 5.5- inch phones. It’s the ultimate ergonomic design that not only lets users see more, but is much less bulky and more comfortable to hold. The 6.2-inch Full HD+ all-screen display, with its 90% screen-to-body ratio and gorgeous 2.5D-curved glass, delivers a totally immersive visual experience. ZenFone 5’s all-screen display also supports the DCI-P3 color space, with a wide color gamut that enhances color saturation for amazingly vivid image reproduction. With ZenFone 5, photos, videos, movies and games look better than they've ever looked before.
For optimised visuals with natural-looking colors and good readability in any environment, ZenFone 5 features intelligent display technology. This uses smart sensors to automatically adjust the display’s color temperature in real time according to the ambient lighting. It also features Smart Screen On, which prevents the screen from turning off when the user's face is detected, avoiding the problem of the screen turning off when the user is reading content for extended periods without touching the screen.
ZenFone 5 has two five-magnet stereo speakers that deliver deep, rich and expansive stereo sound. These are driven by dual smart amplifiers that ensure maximum volume while intelligently protecting them from damage. ZenFone 5 supports Hi-Res Audio files encoded at up to 24-bit/192KHz sample rates — 4X better than CD quality. For an enhanced listening experience right out of the box, ZenFone 5 is supplied with a set of premium Hi-Res Audio-capable earbuds. ZenFone 5 also supports DTS Headphone:XTM for 7.1-channel virtual surround-sound over headphones, for a truly immersive experience when watching movies or playing games.
The power of AI enhances the entire ZenFone 5 user experience, with smart features that make ZenFone 5 a truly intelligent companion. The phone can be unlocked using the rapid face unlock, or in 0.3 seconds using the rear fingerprint sensor, and the integrated NFC capability allows ZenFone 5 to be used securely with Google PayTM .
AI Ringtone intelligently adjusts the ringer volume according to the ambient noise level, so users won’t miss calls even on a busy street or in a noisy restaurant, and calls received in the middle of the night won’t disturb sleepers.
ZeniMoji is a fun new ZenFone 5 feature — exclusive to ASUS — that lets users animate cute avatars using their own voice, facial expressions and head movements. Uniquely, ZeniMoji avatars can be used in video chats or live-streaming, as well as in text chats, to make them more entertaining.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ASUS ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL) will be available pre-order on ASUS eShop from 26th June 2018. Pre-orders before 8th July will receive a £50 discount.