The NEW Advanced sat nav series from Garmin (www.garmin.co.uk) is now available, bringing you innovative new features such as Foursquare and Direct Access as well as a real glass pinch-to-zoom display for a more intuitive experience and the clearest possible picture.
With three different size options to choose from - 5", 6" and 7" - the NEW Advanced Series offers you all the useful features you can expect from the nüvi sat nav line, including highly accurate map data and turn by turn directions, while the pinch-to-zoom capability means you can quickly and easily get a closer look at any on-screen information, while the dual-orientation function allows you to use your sat nav either horizontally or vertically.
The nüvi 2599LMT-D, nüvi 2799LMT-D and nüvi 2699LMT-D all come pre-loaded with detailed maps of Europe and have free Lifetime Map updates so your routes are sure to reflect the most up-to-date maps, points of interest and navigation information available.
Furthermore, information sourced from Foursquare adds millions more points of interest, such as restaurants and hotels to your sat nav. These have been rated and reviewed by people who've been there - making it easy for you to discover new and popular restaurants, shops and attractions. You can also check-in on Foursquare as well as share other information such as where you have parked and your destination via your mobile phone using the Smartphone Link app.
Direct Access is also new, navigating you to the most relevant entrances to complex destinations such as shopping centres and airports, depending on where you want to go - for example, a particular shop within a shopping mall.
Standard features of the Advanced Series include voice activated Digital Traffic - the best traffic solution from Garmin - which responds to spoken requests and has a great coverage area including motorways, highways and B roads. It can give you detailed information about a traffic situation, including how long you'll be delayed, and if there are any possible detours. There's also Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts to help you drive through an exit or interchange with confidence and Bluetooth, enabling you to make and receive hands free telephone calls safely while driving.
For further information on the NEW Advanced Series, please visit www.garmin.co.uk.
- 5"/ 6"/ 7" pinch-to-zoom, dual-orientation display
- Detailed maps of Europe with free lifetime¹ map updates and Digital Traffic², the best traffic avoidance solution available from Garmin
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
- Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling³
- Voice-activated navigation allows you to keep your hands on the wheel
- Garmin was founded by Gary Burrell and Min Kao in 1989 and is the global leader in satellite navigation and Global Positioning Systems.
- Garmin aims to enhance the lives of its customers by making superior products which are easy to use and genuinely innovative.
- As well as sat-navs which make driving less stressful and save time, Garmin creates devices designed to help amateurs and professionals get the most out of a wide range of sports and pursuits. It also leads the way in aviation and marine navigation.
- By keeping control of all design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes, Garmin enjoys unrivalled control over the quality of its products and the service it provides.