DCS-7513 outdoor camera enhances IP surveillance capabilities with precision-iris and ‘wide dynamic range' technology
LONDON, 21 February 2013 - D-Link has launched an outdoor surveillance camera that balances varying light conditions, to enhance the quality of information discernible from footage, as well as security. The DCS-7513 HD camera uses a combination of a Precision-Iris (P-Iris) lens and wide dynamic range (WDR) technology to enhance light and reduce silhouette or ‘wash-out' effects. This automated image enhancement overcomes the difficulties of recording activity in areas with a large depth of field - e.g. long corridors or car parks - and well as areas with multiple windows or uneven light.
Andrew Mulholland, Business Solutions Manager at D-Link UK & Ireland, said: "IP Surveillance is essential for a range of businesses, but not all premises and surrounding conditions are the same. Our latest WDR camera gives businesses, including showrooms, hotels and leisure centres, a surveillance solution designed for their specific environments. The DCS-7513 brings the latest technology features to businesses of any size, in a way that can be easily deployed, integrated and managed."
The P-Iris technology is key to the capture of superior image quality, clarity and depth of field. Sensors within the cameras constantly monitor light conditions and motors within the camera adjust the size of the lens accordingly.
The DCS-7513 is able to record 24-hours per day with a range of up to 30 metres in complete darkness. The Infra-red (IR) filters adapt maximise available light and then IR LEDs illuminate the area under surveillance when it's dark.
As with all of the cameras in the D-Link range, the DCS-7513 is IP-based, which allows businesses to quickly install and easily manage it as part of a video surveillance network. Any authorised personnel can easily view camera feeds from any location in real-time, via mobile devices.
The D-Link IP Surveillance Suite includes a wide range of cameras, network video recorders (NVRs) and video management software (VMS) to help companies coordinate streams from multiple units.
DCS-7513 - RRP £718.16 (inc VAT)
Key features of the DCS-7513 include:
- Full HD Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) to ensure perfect picture balance
- P-Iris lens provides finer contrast and clear picture quality
- Power over Ethernet (PoE), making installation easier as power can be sourced through the networking connection
- Full HD Day and Night operation, with an infra-red (IR) range of 30 metres
- Bandwidth efficient streaming compresses files to manage network usage, which can be adjusted in real-time to optimise performance
- Plug and play operation so it can quickly be added to any wireless or wired network
- Programmable with motion detection or timed on/off, as well as masking, and secure access to certain feeds.
- Approved users can log into the camera remotely over the network to re-focus the camera, manage feeds and adjust schedules
- Two-way audio, enabling businesses to communicate with visitors and/or employees
D-Link is one of the world's leading networking infrastructure providers, and this year marks its 27th year of delivering innovative, high-performing and intuitive products for both businesses and consumers. For over a quarter of a century, D-Link has designed, developed and manufactured award-winning networking, wireless, storage, security and IP surveillance solutions. D-Link delivers its extensive range of networking products to organisations and consumers through its global network of channel partners and service providers. D-Link understands the significance of accessing, managing, securing and sharing data and digital content, and has pioneered many IP technologies to deliver a fully integrated Digital Home and business network experience. For more information, please visit www.dlink.com/uk.