New Drive Offers Fast Speeds, Improved Energy Efficiency, and Best-in-Class Encryption
- Sequential read and write speeds up to 550MB/s and 500 MB/s respectively on all file types*
- Up to 89 percent more energy efficient than a typical hard drive**
- Industry-leading feature set includes best-in-class hardware encryption, Native Write Acceleration, Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN), Exclusive Data Defense, Adaptive Thermal Protection, and Power Loss Protection
Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, announced today the new Crucial® MX100 solid state drive (SSD).Available in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities with respective MSRPs of £56.99, £78.99, and £159.99, the new Crucial MX100 offers powerful speeds and advanced features at a low cost per gigabyte.
The Crucial MX100 256GB and 512GB drives utilise Micron's new 16 nanometer (nm) 128gb NAND, in addition to a SATA 6Gb/s controller and custom firmware, to deliver up to 90,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS). With true 550/500 MB/s sequential read/write speeds on both compressible and incompressible data,* the Crucial MX100 allows users to boot up almost instantly, load programs in seconds, and accelerate demanding applications. Furthermore, at up to 89 percent more efficient than a hard drive, the new MX100 SSD allows users to run systems longer, using less power.**
The Crucial MX100 SSD also offers one of the most comprehensive feature sets available:
- Best-in-class hardware encryption keeps personal and sensitive information safe in the event of device theft or loss.
- Native Write Acceleration spreads the drive's workload across several elements to save and transfer files in seconds rather than minutes.
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND technology increases security and protection of data to a level that's rarely found in consumer-class SSDs.
- Exclusive Data Defense guards against corrupt files.
- Adaptive Thermal Protection adjusts storage component activity based on how the drive is used to keep the system cool.
- Power Loss Protection preserves data even if the power goes out.
Additionally, each Crucial MX100 SSD comes with Acronis® True ImageTM HD data migration software that moves all files, operating systems, settings, and programs from an existing hard drive to a newly installed SSD. This patented disk-imaging technology powered by Acronis' AnyData Engine allows users to quickly, easily, and accurately utilise their new SSD as their system drive.
"The Crucial MX100 represents a significant step forward for the mainstream SSD market, delivering outstanding performance and robust features at an excellent price," said Jon Weech, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. "This product truly broadens the storage consideration set and enables more users than ever to make the jump from traditional spinning hard drives to a solid state drive."
Available now in a 2.5-inch 7mm SATA III form factor, the Crucial MX100 SSD is offered in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities through select global channel partners or at crucial.com. The drive is backed by a limited three-year warranty, and is compatible with both PC and Mac® systems. For more information about Crucial SSDs, please visit http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/storage-ssd-mx100.
Follow us online!
Crucial is a global brand of Micron Technology, Inc. Crucial products include award-winning solid state drives (SSDs) and DRAM for more than 50,000 desktops, laptops, servers, workstations, and other systems. Crucial products are available worldwide at leading retail and e-tail stores, commercial resellers, and system integrators who can be found at www.crucialproducts.com. For more information or support, visit www.crucial.com/uk.
Micron Technology, Inc. is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets a full range of DRAM, NAND and NOR flash memory, as well as other innovative memory technologies, packaging solutions and semiconductor systems for use in leading-edge computing, consumer, networking, embedded and mobile products. Micron's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit www.micron.com.