Atlanta, Georgia; February 7, 2020: – Open-E, a leading developer of innovative data storage software, today released a new update for their ZFS- and Linux-based Open-E JovianDSS Data Storage Software. The update 28 is free of charge for all software users and is available for download on the company’s website.
The update 28 of Open-E JovianDSS contains updates and fixes that improve its performance and configuration options. Overall storage management and monitoring of the product have been optimized as well. List of all new features in up28:
Apart from the Cluster Split-Brain Prevention functionality, the update 24 contains:
- HA Cluster Ring can be now configured as two single connections
- Custom SSL/TLS certificates can be now manually imported in WebGUI
- ZFS Datasets can get a record size value from range of 4KiB up to 16MiB
- Fibre Channel Target mode is available for ATTO Fiber Channel Adapter
- Improved performance of LDAP database replication mechanism
- Storage performance test tool is available in TUI
- HPE tools for managing HP Smart Array controllers are available in WebGUI and TUI
- MacOS Spotlight search support allows to quickly locate the files and search through their contents
- Installer creates 128GB boot medium partition size
- New filtering options for Event Viewer
- Kdump (kernel crash dumping mechanism)
- The default SCSI ID for iSCSI and FC luns can be manually set in WebGUI
- Deduplication statistics for zpool are available in WebGUI
- Ethernet cards detailed statistics
- Statistics for MPIO devices are displayed in WebGUI
- Linux iostat and S.M.A.R.T data are available in Checkmk monitoring system
The update is available on:
For more technical details about the “up28” of Open-E JovianDSS, read the Release Notes on the download page.
Open-E, founded in 1998, is a well-established developer of IP-based storage management software. Its flagship product Open-E JovianDSS is a robust, award-winning storage application which offers excellent compatibility with industry standards, and is the easiest to use and manage. Additionally, it is of the most stable solutions on the market and undisputed price performance leader.
Thanks to its reputation, experience and business reliability, Open-E has become the technology partner of choice for industry-leading IT companies. Open-E accounts for over 30,000 installations world-wide and has received numerous industry awards and recognition, also with its product Open-E DSS V7.
For further information about Open-E, its products and partners, visit http://www.open-e.com/