Due for release in Spring 2012, the F.R.E.Q. comes under Mad Catz’s Cyborg brand, which also includes fight sticks, keyboards and gamepads designed for pro gamers. The F.R.E.Q is currently only available to preorder in the US and Canada, priced at $99.99, and is a stereo headset that features 50mm Neodymium drivers, a detachable noise-cancelling microphone, on-ear controls and a metal headband, which it says is “constructed to survive the stress of LAN tournaments.”
Check out the technical specifications:
• Neodymium magnets –N38 Grade
• Diaphragm material – Mylar /PET 50mm
• Voice Coil - Copper Round edge wound
• Frequency Response -20Hz – 20KHz
• Cable length - Braided 2.0m (USB) / Braided 1.0m (3.5mm)
The F.R.E.Q. also supports MP3 and smartphones, including iPhone, Blackberry, and HTC handsets.
Release date and pricing for UK and Europe should be announced shortly.
For in-depth information, check out the product page.