In Torchlight, you choose from among three character classes, the Vanquisher, Destroyer, and the Alchemist. Venturing into randomly generated dungeon levels, you’ll find a huge variety of creepy monsters, traps and hidden chambers, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. You also have a choice of three pets which are helpful in combat, and have their own inventory to carry loot and can even return to town to sell it. Endless level randomisation and a retirement system hope to add vast replay value.
Torchlight: a boomtown built upon a labyrinth of Ember mines– the rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. The deadly corruption is spreading, threatening the existence of the entire town and lands beyond. Players set out within the nearby mountains and depths below, only to discover that Ember has caused mass extinctions of civilizations past, and left twisted creatures in its wake.
The Xbox 360 version of Torchlight will include many of the features from the original game, but also have many new attributes.
1. Totally redesigned control system and combat for the Xbox360. While the content might be similar the game plays faster through direct control of your character. Area of effect on melee attacks make is possible to take on multiple enemies with one strike. Ranged combat has been given a red glow around enemies to help players target their ranged attacks more easily and accurately.
2. Extra Content – a new pet, several new armor sets, weapons, more quests and some special unlocks. As well we’ve added Xbox Live achievements, leaderboards, and avatar awards.
3. Randomization – Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure. Players will also encounter traps, secret rooms, and an infinite dungeon.
4. Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
5. Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
6. Pets – Players will choose one of 3 pets to accompany them, including the all-new Chakawary, specific to Xbox. Pets level up along with the player, help in battle, carry items in their own inventory, learn spells, and perform a variety of helpful services.
7. Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character from one of three classes available, and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
EXCLUSIVE LAUNCH PROMOTIONS
Exclusive to Torchlight for Xbox 360 are several limited promotions:
1. Invite a friend to play Torchlight, and send them a potion of respect which you will also gain yourself for doing so. Respecc potions are available in the game but at a very high cost, and are the only way to revamp or reset a character’s skill stats upon use.
2. For the first 2-4 weeks(still figuring out) of launch, everyone who purchases Torchlight will also receive an Ogre Fish. Feeding this fish to your pet will indefinitely transform them into an Ogre, with all associated powers! This is a short time only offer that’s not to be missed, and may not be offered again.
3. A very special item will be unlocked for all Torchlight players once a certain number(still figuring out) of gifts have been sent. We will keep a running tally of gifts sent and inform the community when they are close to their special item unlock. (Special item is a “Swarm of Bees” spell that we call “Ilovebees”)
Torchlight will be available for download on March 9, 2011 for 1200 Microsoft Points.