SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Jul. 23, 2019 — AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced its annual corporate citizenship update, highlighting progress toward its environmental goals and community initiatives. The report features updates on expanded supply chain programs, sustainability goals, corporate volunteerism and stories showcasing how AMD technology is enabling researchers, students, consumers and business leaders to improve people’s lives.
“As AMD celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, we are reflecting on our legacy of developing technologies that transform the world while working to minimize our environmental impact and strengthen the communities in which we live and operate,” said Susan Moore, corporate vice president of government affairs and corporate responsibility at AMD. “We look forward to continuing to deliver high-performance technologies that improve lives and doing so in a way that benefits our communities and planet for the next 50 years and beyond.”
Highlights from the report include how:
- AMD technology is enabling researchers and innovators to solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from genomics research toenvironmental changes. AMD will also power what is expected to be the world’s fastest supercomputer, Frontier, when it is delivered in 2021, enabling exascale-class research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- AMD continues to invest in strengthening an inclusive environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging. As a result, AMD was included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index and again achieved a 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2019.
- AMD employees worldwide volunteered a total of 15,324 hours to advance science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and community needs in company-sponsored volunteer events – a 49% increase in volunteer hours over the previous year.
- AMD continued making progress toward its 2020 climate goals in 2018, including launching its fastest, most energy efficient mobile processor and sourcing 27 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy, enough to power 3,300 U.S. homes for a year[i].
- AMD expanded its supply chain risk assessment efforts, including supplier outreach, data collection, and external reporting, with a focus on better ensuring all workers are treated with respect and that working conditions are safe.
- AMD is honored to be ranked on JUST Capital’s Most JUST Companies in America for the second consecutive year, as well as their Top 100 U.S. Companies Supporting Healthy Communities and Families for 2019.
- Learn more about Corporate Responsibility at AMD
- Read the summary report
- Follow our progress on Twitter @AMDInitiatives
For 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
[i] According to the EPA Green House Gasses Equivalencies Calculator, https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator