SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux successfully completes beta testing and will be available from 9th December 2015
London, December 9, 2015 – After completing its public beta test with nearly 10,000 participants, SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux starts shipping today. Boasting more than 400 new features, a new level of compatibility with Microsoft Office and even better performance, it is by far the fastest and most powerful office suite for Linux.
Available in two versions: Standard and Professional
SoftMaker Office Standard 2016 for Linux includes the word processor TextMaker, the spreadsheet application PlanMaker, the presentation program Presentations and various SoftMaker add-ons for Thunderbird, Linux’s preferred email client. These add-ons bring an improved user interface to Thunderbird and enhance its functionality by adding features for quicker filing of e-mails and easy navigation in the folder tree.
SoftMaker Office Professional 2016 comes with the same features, but adds four high-quality dictionaries by Berlitz for easy translation between English, Spanish, Italian, German and French.
Key highlights include:
- Impressive performance: up to five times faster than Microsoft Office
- Optimised software architecture, accelerated by the use of OpenGL for screen display and multiple CPU cores for graphic rendering
- File filters for Microsoft Office formats improved in the last details, such as rendering of SmartArt and support for the font colour “automatic”. Both the old file formats of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as the latest formats of Microsoft Office 2007 to 2016, can be seamlessly opened and saved.
- User friendly: changes in text formatting are shown in real time (live preview), and documents may be previewed before opening them. The built-in version management for documents lets the user go back to any older versions of a document.
- Improved PDF export with tags, bookmarks and tracked changes
- Graphics can now be cropped directly in the document or provided with a photo frame
New features in TextMaker 2016 for Linux:
- Documents can be exported directly into the EPUB e-book format.
- Insertion of charts in 80 different 2D and 3D versions
- New label-printing function with support for more than 9000 different types of labels
New features in PlanMaker 2016 for Linux:
- PlanMaker now supports up to a million rows and 16,384 columns. The number of mathematical functions has increased to more than 350.
- PlanMaker 2016 lets the user edit and create pivot tables with a functional scope similar to Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Greatly improved conditional formatting that works exactly like Excel 2016 – including colour bars, marking of the largest and smallest values and more
New features in Presentations 2016 for Linux:
- Editable full-screen view
- Smart guides available to facilitate the alignment of objects in relation to others
- Complete redevelopment of the table function, which is now significantly more intuitive
SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux is compatible with all modern Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, openSUSE, Fedora, CentOS and Mageia.
SoftMaker Office Standard 2016 is available for £45 and SoftMaker Office Professional 2016 for £65. Existing customers will be granted upgrade discounts.
Each package of SoftMaker Office 2016 comes with three licenses for home and business use. SoftMaker offers seat licenses for companies and organisations.
For more information: http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofl_en.htm