Photography enthusiasts looking for a powerful and intuitive digital photo editing program - without the professional price tag - can now benefit from PhotoPlus X7. This latest version from Serif, the award-winning creative software developer, is packed with high-end tools and features that help photographers at any level create stunning images.
PhotoPlus X7 comes without the need for monthly subscriptions and has a range of new and exciting features. Use simple tools to remove imperfections, improve colour control, restore classic photos, add stunning artistic effects, and more in a powerful editing studio that's perfect for professional photographers, enthusiasts and beginners alike. It doesn't matter if photographers own a digital SLR, compact camera or smartphone, PhotoPlus X7 is a flexible package designed to cater to growing needs.
Photographers don't need to be at professional level to use the high-end features in PhotoPlus X7. At the heart of program is the new Lab Colour Mode - a comprehensive colour engine that offers users a more intuitive editing mode and a greater spectrum of colours for accuracy. Designed to match how the human eye sees, Lab separates colour and lightness, allowing users to quickly and easily fix contrast or alter tones, making edits look more natural and professional.
A new Lens Correction feature also helps users to remove distortions, vignetting and fix chromatic aberration, all in just a couple of clicks. Photographers can also quickly straighten images and correct vertical and horizontal lens perspective problems with an on-screen alignment grid. For adjustments, corrections and effects, the PhotoFix Studio features a new smart brush to protect certain areas while editing and a new gradient mask to add depth and style for a more interesting look.
The program includes a wide variety of creative effects, perfect for impressing family and friends. Users can add stunning colour effects and filters, give photos a classic look in black and white, add pattern effects with the new Halftone Screen, or use one-click presets to give photos a retro feel. A new dedicated Warp Studio also lets users enhance photo portraits and add interesting effects, plus three new blend modes have been added to help increase contrast, add vintage styles, and apply stylized effects to light and dark areas. An improved photo display also ensures that images are displayed at far better quality, no matter how far users zoom in or out.
"PhotoPlus X7 offers an unrivalled combination of professional yet easy-to-use tools making it an ideal choice for photographers looking for an editing studio at an affordable price-point," says Ashley Hewson, Managing Director at Serif. "The program makes powerful image editing even more accessible to both budding and professional photographers thanks to the innovative usability improvements in this latest version. PhotoPlus X7 also keeps working without having to make any ongoing payments, so users can continually enjoy a wealth of image fixing, editing and sharing capabilities."
Users can quickly and easily edit photos in an intuitive workspace that supports 64-bit operating systems.
A brand new Startup Assistant also offers instant access to the latest editing tutorials and a quick search. Users can even access all the latest PhotoPlus news and expert articles as soon as they are published.
Existing PhotoPlus users will be familiar with the tools that encompass advanced pixel-perfect editing and the easy PhotoFix Studio, which includes tools for straightening and cropping images, removing red-eye and blemishes, and applying creative filters to enhance images. The Clone Tool has also undergone some improvements and allows users to copy a section of an image and brush over marks, creases, tears and unwanted objects with more precision than ever before. In addition, users can create stunning HDR images, make precise image cut-outs, and manage their entire image collection in the PhotoPlus Organiser. Users can also immediately share photos on Facebook® and Flickr®, plus view photos where they were taken on a GoogleTM map of the world.
PhotoPlus X7 is compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP. It retails at £79.99 and is available from Serif at www.serif.com/photoplus and from major retailers including Amazon and PC World. Existing Serif software users should contact 0800 376 7070 for information on upgrade pricing.
To become a fan of PhotoPlus on Facebook, go to www.facebook.com/serifphotoplus.
New and improved features of PhotoPlus X7 include:
- NEW: Lab Colour Mode -A powerful and professional colour mode that ensures changes to skin tones, backgrounds and objects look more natural, while allowing users to separately edit contrast and colours quickly and easily.
- NEW: Lens Correction Filter -The best way to get results correcting lens distortion, lens vignette and chromatic aberration is touse this new filter, which applies all these fixes in one place. It can also straighten images and correct vertical and horizontal lens perspective problems with the on-screen alignment grid.
- NEW: Warp Studio -The dedicated Warp Studio allows users to correct photo portraits and add interesting effects. Users can use grids to visualise warps precisely and also protect certain aspects of an image while editing the rest of the photo.
- NEW: Blend Modes -Use the new Vivid Light, Hard Mix and Pin Light modes to increase colour contrasts, add vintage styles and increase and decrease light and dark areas to help your photos stand out with striking effects.
- NEW: Halftone Screen Filter -This new filter allows users to add line screen and circular styles to create stunning pattern effects. This effect can also be used along with distortions, blend modes, noise or other effects to create retro images reminiscent of 1940s TV.
- NEW: Startup Assistant -An all-new Startup Assistant helps users jump straight into a new or ongoing project in just a couple of clicks. Users will also have access to the latest tutorials, articles, tips and up-to-date Serif news.
- IMPROVED:Clarity Filter -This popular adjustment tool for portrait makeovers can now smooth skin tones without losing the fine detail and clarity in detailed areas such as hair and eyes. As the Clarity Filter is contrast aware users will never lose the tonal quality of their original photo.
- IMPROVED: Clone Tool -The improved Clone Tool allows users to copy a section of an image and brush over marks, creases, tears and unwanted objects with more precision than ever before. Users can also see a live preview for a direct before-and-after view of the area they are cloning.
- IMPROVED: Raw Compatibility -The Raw Studio has improved compatibility with more modern DSLR cameras.
- IMPROVED:Brushes -Improvements to brushes ensures it's faster and smoother than ever before when retouching, painting, cloning, and erasing photos.
- NEW:Retro Effects -Five new photographic presets have been added to the PhotoFix Studio, plus there are an extra five that can be unlocked when customers registerPhotoPlusX7 for free.
- IMPROVED: Photo Display -Improvements at the core of PhotoPlus X7 ensure that images are displayed at a far better quality no matter how far users zoom in or out.
- NEW:Save as JPG XR -JPG XR has become arecognisedstandard format and is supported by PhotoPlus when opening, saving, and exporting images. This file type is useful for deepcolourphotos like HDR merges and HDR intermediate images.