London, UK - June 7th 2012, - Auslogics, one of the leading developers of computer optimization software, has announced the release of BitReplica - a new free tool for backing up data on PC's. The program combines a simple user-friendly interface with extended configurability and scheduling options.
The software's most notable features include:
- Backup any files you like: Save all of your important documents, precious photos, videos and music files to an external drive or a networked PC to make sure you never lose any of them. You can specify file groups or select individual folders to back up;
- Multiple backup profiles: Create separate backup profiles with different schedules and other settings for different file types. You can make separate archives for work and home files, or base backup rules on how frequently you modify certain files. Each profile can be customized to fit your needs, preferences and schedule;
- Backup scheduling: For each profile you create, you can set a specific time schedule for creating backups with options for hourly, daily or weekly launching, or set it to manual if you prefer to launch it yourself when it is convenient or needed;
- Full, incremental, and differential backups: Instead of simply copying files, you can have the program compare files in the source and destination folders and only back up the files that have been modified since the last backup (Incremental mode) or modified since the last full backup (Differential mode). The Full Backup feature allows you to make a backup copy of every single file you specify regardless of whether a backup of that file already exists;
- File synchronization: Keep your backups and source folders in sync by setting the program to synchronize files when creating a backup. This is especially useful when you need to work on the same files on two different PC`s. Newly created files can be copied to the other drive, while files that have been deleted from one drive can be deleted from the other to keep the two sets in sync;
- Multi-volume archiving: Storing backups on external devices (such as CD`s or DVD`s) is convenient, but when you have a lot of data to back up, one disk may not be enough to save all of it to. The program is conveniently equipped with a feature that allows dividing backups to be stored on several storage drives;
- Extended restore options: Sometimes you only need to recover one or several files that are part of a backup. Let`s say you edited half of the photos in a folder, but accidentally deleted the other half. If you had the folder backed up with BitReplica, instead of restoring the whole backup, you can restore only the files you need;
- Back up from any storage media: BitReplica lets you back up files from practically any storage device, not just your hard drive. Go ahead, connect your camera to your computer and back up all those precious moments you would be devastated to lose! The program supports HDD`s, SSD`s, USB flash drives, networked drives and more as source folders for backing up.
BitReplica makes backing up data an easy task that does not require much effort, which is good news for people with busy schedules and hectic lifestyles. You only need to spend a little time once, when you create backup profiles and set rules for your backups. After that, BitReplica will do the job as scheduled and make sure your data is protected from loss in any PC disaster.