A powerful yet easy-to-use website designer for computer users with no HTML experience has launched today. WebPlus X6 from Serif, the award-winning creative software developer, empowers small businesses to confidently create stylish and interactive websites without hiring a designer.
Combining drag-and-drop simplicity with advanced customisation power, WebPlus X6 is perfect for business owners who do not have time to learn to write code or have the budget to hire a specialist. It allows users to create and control their own attractive websites - including mobile versions too - that feature social media integration, e-commerce, search engine optimisation and more interactivity.
"It's essential for all businesses, from self-employed to medium-sized organisations, to have a website if they want to create the right impression, engage with customers and boost business," says Gary Bates, Managing Director at Serif. "Yet almost half1 (41%) do not have a website and, of those that do, many have not created a version optimised for mobile devices. So we've introduced stylish mobile website templates to allow them to target the 84% of smartphone owners that use the internet on their phones2."
WebPlus X6 allows users to create websites that can automatically be viewed on devices like smartphones and tablets, based on a visitor's browsing device or screen size. The mobile version of a business site, which matches the original website, can be created from scratch or by using one of the professionally-designed themed layouts. In addition, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ integration enables live feeds, social bookmarking panels and Like or +1 buttons to be added - essential for improving search engine rankings and spreading the word.
Other new features include the New Site Wizard for starting a website design from scratch, and animated sliders and banners for showing off images, text, and interactive content on any device. The Quick Build tab makes it incredibly easy to add feature-rich elements like text, video, social media widgets, maps, forms, and e-commerce straight onto a page. In addition, the Asset Browser allows users to easily find and add ready-made graphics, and the Asset Manager makes it easy to organise ready-made content and graphics into save-able packs for future use.
"WebPlus is still the only web design software that truly gives business owners all the tools they need to create an interactive and unique website - with ease and without limits. There is no need to be online during the design phase and there are no restrictions on the number of sites, pages, store sizes or items per page. Businesses can create multiple sites to suit different audiences or for other needs. And, unlike most online template editors, users permanently maintain ownership of their websites, templates and custom designs, plus they can upload changes in one click."
Users will continue to be impressed by WebPlus' legacy features and the design freedom it gives - businesses can choose from a selection of 60 regular and mobile-friendly themed layouts and unlimited colour schemes. Everything can be customised including site structure, colours, page layout, logos, graphics and text, and even interactive features such as forms, photo galleries, podcasts, YouTubeTM videos, blogs, forums, RSS feeds and online booking.
WebPlus X6 is compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP and retails at £81.69 (inc. VAT). It is available directly from Serif at www.serif.com and includes a free 30 days hosting package with sub-domain web address. A retail version is also available from major stores including Amazon and PC World, where it includes a bonus 12 month hosting package with a full domain name. Existing Serif Software users should contact 0800 376 7070 for further information on preferential upgrade pricing.
1 Serif & OnePoll research on 400 UK sole traders and small businesses in 2011
2 Pew Internet Tracking Survey in May 2011
- Create Sites Optimised For Any Device-Make a matching version of your site that is optimised for devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Facebook, Twitter, G+, and more- Make your website social! Add live feeds from sites and social media buttons for improving your search engine rankings.
- Sliders and Banners-Use attractive animated sliders to show off images, text, and interactive content like streaming media or forms. Sliders work with any device too.
- Drag & Drop Builder-Build feature-rich sites by dragging and dropping elements like text, video, social media widgets, maps, forms, and e-commerce straight onto your page.
- Asset Management-Categorised graphics browsing and keyword searching helps you find what you need, and save your favourite content in packs for future use.
- New Site Wizard-Design your site from scratch with help from the new site wizard, setting up page sizes, number of pages, colour scheme, and a navbar.
- Beautiful Web Content- Drag and drop simplicity extends to new content like backgrounds, navigation controls, themed objects, and customisable styles as well.
- Site Structure View- Preview all of your pages in a larger view with connected lines to show page relationships. Rearranging pages is easier too.
- Tidier Workspace & More Interactivity-The workspace has less screen clutter and more useful tools. Mouse movements can now change an object's opacity and perform custom actions.
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus, PhotoPlus, DrawPlus, WebPlus, MoviePlus, CraftArtist and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with over 6.5 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 250 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in California, US.