Cross-platform app offers SMS alternative for friends who want to share messages and pictures in real-time
London, 8th September, 2011 - RadiumOne has today launched the free messaging app, PingMe Messenger. The cross-platform app enables friends and family to send unlimited messages to each other in real-time, no matter what device they use.
The app's opt-in geo-location functionality lets friends find each other based on their location, making it easier to meet up with friends. Users can also let their PingMe contacts know what's on their mind with status updates and see what their friends are doing via the NewsFeed.
PingMe is the first app from RadiumOne Labs, a division of revolutionary ad network, RadiumOne, and follows the uptake of messaging services and the decline of SMS messages. In the first three months of 2011, the US saw the number of text messages per wireless subscriber fall sequentially for the first time. Experts in the UK also predict the amount of texts sent will drop by 20 per cent in the next two years.
The set-up and registration process is simple. Users can connect with their friends through their telephone's address book, Facebook, or the PingMe network. The user ID is the same as the phone number, without the need for a password or hard-to-remember PIN. It is now available in the iPhone App Store, the Android Marketplace, or Blackberry App World, with more platforms to come.
"Consumers no longer need to incur expensive text messaging charges," explains Rupert Staines, managing director of RadiumOne UK. "Free messaging services, like PingMe, let you stay connected, socialise, and share messages and pictures with your closest circle of friends when you're on-the-go. When you consider the slowing rate of acceleration of SMS use, and the continual uptake of smartphones, we're confident that PingMe's popularity will soar."
The PingMe app offers stand out features including:
- Real-Time Communication - PingMe allows friends to message and share photos at super-fast speeds
- Group Messaging - PingMe's Group Chat creates circles and groups of your closest friends
- Cost - PingMe is free and offers unlimited messaging
- Geo Imprint - PingMe's opt-in geo-location functionality lets friends find each other based on their location, making meeting up with friends easier
- Status Updates - Users can instantly let their PingMe contacts know what's on their mind and check in with their friends via PingMe's NewsFeed. In addition, PingMe tells you when someone sends you a message - even when PingMe is closed
- Security and Reliability - Every message is secured by an individual signature - guaranteeing messages are always authentic
To download and install PingMe, visit the iPhone App Store, the Android Marketplace or Blackberry App World and search "PingMe" or visit www.pingme.net.
About RadiumOne Labs
RadiumOne Labs is dedicated to creating products that enable open, social, and real-time communication across the Open Web and Mobile Internet, including white-label solutions that help extend a publisher's reach into the mobile messaging space. RadiumOne Labs is the development lab of RadiumOne, the first online ad network to leverage social data on the Open Web and Mobile Internet. Its patent-pending ShareGraphTM technology meshes traditional targeting technologies with social sharing connections to achieve highly scalable engagement and audience targeting. To learn more about RadiumOne Labs, please visit http://www.radiumone.com/labs/.