FREIBURG, Germany – July 11, 2019 – Paragon Software Group, a recognized data storage expert, releases Paragon APFS SDK Community Edition – a free source code on Github that opens access to the regularly updated SDK libraries for Windows, macOS, Linux, RTOS, and UEFI environments. Paragon APFS SDK Community Edition grants read access to APFS-formatted drives solving interoperability and cross-platform communication problems, empowering applications with instant and seamless connectivity to APFS-storage media on non-Apple platforms. The SDK license is targeted towards OEMs, forensic experts and software developers who need read access to APFS-formatted data.
Key features and benefits:
- Adds read-only support for the default Apple file system to your applications and hardware
- Free access to the source code of an independent APFS implementation via GitHub
- Ensures reduced development costs, time-to-market, and support workload
- Supports Windows, macOS, Linux, RTOS, or UEFI (tested in Ubuntu, macOS 10.14 Mojave, and Windows 10)
- Supports APFS volumes formatted in macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Supports encrypted sub-volumes
- Supports all character sets, including non-Latin
- CLI-utility with ready-made (enumerate, list, read, create, etc.) and custom scenarios
Availability: Paragon APFS SDK Community Edition comes with the demo utility and libraries that provide read-only support to APFS volumes. You can get it at https://github.com/Paragon-Software-Group/paragon_apfs_sdk_ce
About Paragon Software
Since 1994, Paragon Software has been delivering reliable software products and technology solutions to help every day users, IT professionals, and businesses keep data healthy and safe. We offer file systems and storage management, deployment, and migration of heterogeneous appliances and systems, data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery for hybrid environments. Our global business partners include AJA, Asus, QNAP, Western Digital, and many others.