FREIBURG, Germany – October 26, 2017 – Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, releases the latest edition of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 – a complete all-in-one software to protect, maintain, and manage PC data. This software assembles more than thirty advanced data management technologies, including partitioning, boot correction, file and image backup, disk copying, secure data wiping (including on SSDs), and flexible recovery options. Even more, the most essential easy-to-use backup and recovery functionality is available free of charge — including Recovery Media Builder in case of data loss. Additional backup and partitioning features are available at the cost for advanced users. The new release offers a completely redesigned, intuitive UI, new handy graphics to represent feature sets, and advanced functionality to accomplish system and data management tasks easier than ever. Complete backup strategies save time and effort in configuring regular backup jobs for entire computers, individual volumes, or files. In addition to regular backups, the new release allows users to restore older copies of data files from archives created by earlier software editions.
The latest edition of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 also provides advanced users full control via additional backup strategy settings. The new Create Backup Job Wizard makes complex backup processes simple and ultra-fast, allowing users to define automatic backup jobs by selecting from predefined strategies. Create Backup Job Wizard has several built-in automatic backup strategies to choose from, or users can create their own. When creating your own backup strategies, users specify the start time (daily, weekly, monthly, or at specific events, such as system start or user login), adjust the number of increments created, define a strategy for deleting old archives, and control other options, such as shutting down the PC after backup. Another handy new feature is the creation of network connections, which are used to save backups on networked storage.
Despite the name, Paragon Hard Disk Manager is not only great for hard disk drives but also for solid state drives (SSDs) and virtual disks. This utility helps the home user backup and restore anything with an exact replica of a selected partition or system disk; manage partitions; permanently wipe sensitive data; and migrate specific files or the entire operating system to different storage devices. In the event of data loss, powerful restore options allow users to easily recover anything from the full system to individual files or folders. In case of boot-related problems like file system corruption or hard drive failure, the free Recovery Media Builder included in the basic version helps users create a backup that might later restore files in case booting into Windows the normal way is not possible. Most importantly, if ransomware or other malware encrypts files, the user can safely recover data using the Recovery Media Builder and restore the system to normal quickly and effortlessly.
- Supports Windows 10 Fall Creators Update;
- Complete backup strategies save time and effort when configuring regular backup jobs for entire computers, individual volumes, or files;
- Fast and safe migrations of Windows OS single partitions or entire disks to new storage devices, even those of smaller capacity;
- Easiest, fastest, and most rock-solid drive partitioning of physical and virtual hard disk drives on the market;
- Fix most boot issues in a couple of minutes without turning to restore or other advanced actions;
- Permanent irreversible data erasure from any storage media type with SSD Trimming and wiping algorithms;
- Completely new UI helps manage systems easier than ever;
- Define scenario-based backup jobs;
- Quick standalone/single time backups;
- All wizards redesigned to cover more scenarios. The new UI combines wizards into modules representing a specific feature set to guide users to the right selection:
Backup & Recovery:
- Create single backup;
- Create backup job;
- Restore backup;
- File Transfer Wizard.
- Undelete partitions;
- Split partition;
- Redistribute free space;
- Merge partitions;
- Wipe disks or partitions;
- Migrate (with Copy HDD and Copy partition);
- Redesigned Express view provides ad hoc access to all wizards, each organized by color;
- Direct control over partitioning: Move and resize partitions via drag and drop in “My Computer” disk map view or launch specific tasks via dialog:
- Test partition surface;
- Change primary slots;
- Convert file system;
- Set partition as active/inactive;
- Convert to MBR/GPT disk;
- Change volume label;
- Format volume;
- Delete volume;
- Check File System integrity;
- Create volume;
- Move partition;
- Resize partition;
- Change drive letter;
- Hide/unhide partition;
- Make partition Active/Inactive;
- Convert to logical/primary;
- View/Edit sectors;
- Compact MFT;
- Defragment MFT;
- Change partition serial number;
- Connect virtual disk.
- Redesigned “Show advanced properties dialog;”
- Separate whole computer backup scenario allows users to back up all data on a PC worry-free in just three clicks;
- Restore several objects (disks, partitions, files) in a single pass without repeatedly running wizards multiple times;
- Fast migration to new HDDs & SSDs.
Additional functionality is also available for $79.95. Differences between basic and advanced functionality can be found at https://backstage.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-windows/#features
Windows 7 SP1 and later.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Version 16 is available for free download at https://backstage.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-windows/. Basic functionality is available free of charge. Advanced functionality is available for $79.95.
About Paragon Software Group:
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers, and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, and Russia, delivering its solutions to consumers, small business, and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors, and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world-class companies and partners including Belkin, Bosch, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Toshiba, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and ZTE. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com