Update includes Disk Multipathing Support, Software RAID Support for bootable mediums, System management via RESTful API and more
Atlanta, Georgia; December 16, 2016: – Open-E, a leading developer of innovative data storage software used for building and managing reliable NAS and SAN storage environments, today released a new update for its ZFS-based storage management software Open-E JovianDSS. The update is free of charge for existing users, and helps to manage and protect crucial company data conveniently.
The update 18 of the Software Defined Storage application contains the new Data Migration Tool, a special migration mechanism that enables an easy transfer from Open-E’s XFS-based DSS V7 or any other previously used software to Open-E JovianDSS.
Additional improvements of the software include:
- Disk Multipathing Support for higher fault tolerance, Data Integrity and performance. This functionality determines multiple physical paths between a system's CPU and the hardware used for storage (e.g. bridges, switches etc. that connect the system with a server).
- Software RAID Support for bootable mediums for improved High Availability and security.
- maxView Storage Manager for a simplified monitoring, an easy maintenance process, and configuration of storage controllers in systems built on Microsemi Adaptec HBA or RAID adapters.
- System management via RESTful API for more flexibility.
- VMware Auto Storage Rescan for an automatic scan after planned or unplanned reboots.
- Customizable alert thresholds to adjust relevant notifications.
“Data are one of the most important foundations of modern companies which is why with this update we were focusing on security, integrity and easy management. In addition, we enabled easy migration from other software, giving every existing user and also new customers a chance for a problem-free switch to our enterprise-class Open-E JovianDSS”, explained Krzysztof Franek, CEO and president of Open-E.
The update is available for download on:
For more technical details about the “up18” of Open-E JovianDSS, read the Release Notes on Open-E’s website
Open-E is a well-established developer of IP-based storage management software. Open-E JovianDSS, Open-E DSS V7 and the free Open-E DSS V7 SOHO are robust, award-winning storage applications which offer excellent compatibility with industry standards, and are the easiest to use and manage. Additionally, they are some of the most stable solutions on the market and undisputed price performance leaders.
Open-E accounts for over 27,000 installations world-wide and has received numerous industry awards and recognition. Thanks to its reputation, experience and business reliability, Open-E has become the technology partner of choice for industry-leading IT companies.
For further information about Open-E, its products and partners, visit www.open-e.com/