They don't come more retro than this!
There probably isn't a gamer out there who hasn't played Asteroids at one point or another. Now, if you don't like the free flash based alternatives or have Microsoft Points to spare, you can play it once again on Xbox Live Arcade in the form of Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe. Two games in one at a very reasonable 400 MS Points (£3.40).
- The original Asteroids: Released in 1979 by Atari, the simple black and white game was a masterpiece of vector graphics game design, and had millions of arcadegoers entranced by its simple mechanic of controlling a spaceship firing at and destroying asteroids.
- The release of Asteroids Deluxe: The sequel to the original, released in 1980, Asteroids Deluxe featured the same classic gameplay but added a new shield feature and dangerous satellite enemies. Play both the original and its sequel in all of its classic old-school style.
- Next-gen evolution: But now, both games have evolved. Support is provided for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, including HDTV. Full-screen anti-aliasing and Dolby Digital surround sound complete the gaming experience.
- Throttle Monkey mode: Both game versions come with a high-speed version known as Throttle Monkey. Can you survive?
- Achievements and leaderboards: Twelve new achievements for you to earn, and new leaderboards to conquer. Show your friends who is the master at Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe.
Official Website: Asteroids Deluxe