Steam acheivements addedEpic Games has confirmed that a significant patch for Unreal Tournament III is imminent, fixing a number of bugs and adding a host of new features.
The news comes alongside the announcement that the Titan Map Pack is almost ready for release, which will be "substantially bigger than any bonus pack we've released in the past," says lead designer Steve Polge.
A date for the patch and the map pack has yet to be announced.
In full, here is the complete list of changes:
SUMMARY OF MAJOR FEATURES:
* Major enhancements to Server Browser
* Visual and menu flow overhaul for improved useability of user interface.
* Significant AI improvements, especially in vehicle gametypes.
* Client-side demo recording support
* Improved networking performance.
* Midgame map, game type, and mutator voting support
* Award system using Steam Achievements
* Improved mod support
Improved Steam integration
* Steam Achievement support for Steam installations of UT3.
* Integrated Steam Authentication support.
* 57 achievements mark your progress and mastery of UT.
* Progress screen shows which awards you have earned, and completion progress on all awards.
* Server Browser updates, expanded query filtering, clientside filters and a new UI option list.
* Added mutator filtering to the server browser (filter by installed mutators, mutator classes and mutator names)
* Now displays each servers IP in the server details box
* Added 'Join IP' and 'Spectate IP' buttons to the join game menu
Added an 'Add IP' button to the favourites menu
* Modified the main menu to return to the server browser after disconnecting
* Added a new button to the midgame menu 'Add Favorite', and a new console command: AddServerToFavorites
* Updated server browser code, so that custom gametypes are properly filtered.
* Added a 'List All Game Modes' selection to the server filter menu.
* Added more information to the server browser player list.
* Fixed servers not being added to history, when following a friend to a server
* You can now attempt to directly connect to offline servers in History and Favorites (even during master server downtimes).
* Show "+" for player counts that are populated by bots.
* Major visual and menu flow overhaul for improved useability.
* Made the instant-action and host-game menus keep their settings.
* Scoreboard double click functionality for kicking, messages to specific players.
* Enabled gamepad stick sensitivity setting in UI.
* Improved gamepad support on PC.
* Added support for a whole mess of options on Advanced video settings page.
* Easier to click buttons by fixing cases where mouse went just past them.
* Max player counts always fit on all scoreboards.
* Modifier cards should take display priority in toasts over character unlocks.
* Improved voice command menu positioning and offsets.
* Fixed showing as teleport destinations on map nodes which could not be teleported to.
* Added tooltip while deployed in stealth vehicles to show drop deployable button.
* Bot count UI changed from "Number of opponents" to "Number of combatants" to be less confusing.
* Added support for showing top weapon user in end of match scoreboard. This shows which player got the most kills with a particular weapon. If a player was the leader with more than one weapon, it picks the weapon he or she got the most kills with.
* Show beacon with name of enemies in DM if they are close enough.
* Fixed ammo number on HUD pulsing on armor pick up instead of ammo pick up.
* Third position for powernode beacon, when just looking at base.
* Added speaking icon to player beacons.
* Portraits shown for player speaking with VOIP.
* Fixed onslaught teleporter tooltip not always displayed correctly.
* fixed toasts that don't shut down properly popping up later unexpectedly
* More delay before going back to ambient music from action.
* Fixed text being obscured after removing a friend from the friends list
* Fixed showing proper weapon icon on weapon bar for selected weapon when two weapons are in same slot.
* Fixed issue where playercard and friend message screens were disappearing.
* Reduced chat log spam.
* Fixed rules for showing "change team" button.
* Increased radius/volume of Manta, Raptor, and Viper engines.
* Fixed scavenger legs disappearing in kill volumes.
* Force occupied manta to rise if underwater.
* Added sound effect and recharge bar to SPMA to indicate when the weapon is ready to fire
* Increased water damage taken by vehicles.
* Increased Goliath health.
* Fixed nightshade beam weapon accuracy.
* Fixed spidermines confused about nightshade that switches teams.
* Tank shell is always relevant, so you'll see it if it kills you from a hidden tank.
* Leviathan shield doesn't stay around after death.
* Fixed leviathan passenger beacon positioning.
* Fixed hoverboard rooster tail positioning when traveling over shallow water.
* Fixed flag positioning on tracked turrets.
* Fixed flying Manta exploit.
* Fixed boost exploit with Fury vehicle