New features include Internet Copy; AutoMake Menu; and support for DiVx 6 and Sony PSP Video Format
InterVideo Launches DVD Copy 4
Comprehensive three-Step DVD Software with Advanced DVD Copying Capabilities and Enhanced Customization Features
FREMONT, Calif. - InterVideo, Inc. (NASDAQ: IVII) announced InterVideo DVD Copy 4, the latest release of its award-winning, three-step software for making high-quality copies of unencrypted* CDs, DVDs, video, music, photo and data files.
* InterVideo DVD Copy does not bypass copy protection. DVDs containing CSS-encryption cannot be copied.
Consistently rated as one of the easiest and most comprehensive copy and DVD burning applications, DVD Copy enables consumers to meet all of their video duplication, conversion and reproduction needs with a single solution. With the new version, InterVideo adds “most-wanted” features such as automated Internet file copy support, support for handheld and gaming devices and support for the new DivX Media Format features introduced with DivX 6.
DVD Copy 4 - compatible with Windows 2000 and XP systems - combines these and a host of other new features with the ability to achieve superior-quality copies up to 25 per cent faster. This unique combination makes it ideal for consumers who want to share or protect their personal collection of CD/DVDs from damage or loss. Equipped with a fresh new intuitive wizard-like user interface, even a beginner can create identical duplicates of their personal videos, merge DVDs, or convert files on their hard drive into a DVD formatted disk.
For the three-step process, users simply select the source, drive destination and the video output format. The software’s powerful Autofit feature automatically determines how much compression is needed to produce the best-looking results for the output selected.
More experienced users will enjoy DVD Copy 4’s advanced customization capabilities that enable them to personalize their DVD/VCD content to suit their individual viewing habits and available space. With these capabilities, they can remove unwanted subtitles, languages, titles and chapters, or even merge titles from several different DVDs/VCDs onto a single disc. In addition, DVD Copy 4 supports copying and transcoding a DVD +VR or a DVD- VR format video from DVD recorders to the DVD Video format for broader playback capabilities. Emerging formats such as downloaded “VodCasts” will also be easy to customize with DVD Copy and convert from MPEG4 to DVD Video discs.
New features that have been added to the latest version of DVD Copy 4 include:
* Internet Copy – Consumers can download videos from the Internet and burn them direct to disc for archiving simply by providing the URL and selecting the video to be copied.
* AutoMake Menu – When burning a video file from a computer hard disc or from the Internet to a DVD disc, users DVD Copy 4 can generate a navigation menu created automatically.
* DivX 6 and the DivX Media Format – DVD Copy 4 users can now create DivX media files with all the advanced features of the DivX Media Format including interactive menus, multiple subtitles and alternate audio tracks for a complete DVD-like home entertainment experience.
* 3GPP/3GPP2 Support – With support for the new standard for digital video media across 3G broadband mobile networks, DVD Copy 4 can now be used to archive and email favorite clips recorded on a mobile phone.
* Sony PSP Video Format Support – Movie enthusiasts can now copy their favorite video clips to Sony memory sticks and playback in the popular Sony PSP video console.
* Copy DVD-Video to Audio CD – Music fans can create their own version of a soundtrack by extracting audio tracks from a DVD movie and saving the file as a MP3, WMA, or WAV file.
* 4.85G DVD Support – DVD Copy 4 now supports the emerging new format that provides an extra 150MB of capacity, which can be useful for gaming purposes. If the entire disc capacity is not used, the 3mm gap around the outer edge of the DVD disc can act as a protective buffer when burning 4.7G of content.
* Burn DVD-Video to Disc Image – Using this new feature, movie enthusiasts can copy their home movie as a disc image and then save it to their PC for burning their DVD-Video at a more convenient time.
In addition to being compatible with the widest range of CD/DVD burners, DVD Copy 4 supports all latest recordable media formats, including:
DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM and the new DVD+/-R DL technology which allows consumers to record up to four hours of DVD-quality video or 16 hours of VHS-quality video on a single side of a DVD+/-R DL disc.
With its broad media compatibility, video enthusiasts don’t need to worry about how they can share their videos with family and friends.
Pricing & Availability
InterVideo DVD Copy 4 is available at InterVideo's web site, http://www.intervideo.com and through Japan retail outlets. The suggested list prices are $49.95 USD for the Gold version and $79.95 USD for the full Platinum version.
A fully working 14-day trial version is also available for download (50.1MB).
About InterVideo, Inc.
InterVideo is a leading provider of DVD software. InterVideo has developed a technology platform from which it has created a broad suite of integrated multimedia software products that allow users to capture, edit, author, burn, distribute, and play digital video. InterVideo's software is bundled with products sold by the majority of the top ten PC OEMs ranked in terms of sales by IDC.
The company is headquartered in Fremont, CA with regional offices in Europe, Taiwan, China and Japan. For more information, contact InterVideo at 510-651-0888 or visit the company's Web site at http://www.intervideo.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Except for the historical statements contained herein, the foregoing release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding InterVideo's DVD Copy 4 products and UniPass technology.
These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results could differ materially due to several factors, including but not limited to the ability to forecast customer behavior and recognize or respond to emerging trends, changing preferences or competitive factors, the market acceptance of our new products and product enhancements, the resolution of any notices of claims regarding alleged infringement of third parties' intellectual property rights, the ability to maintain or expand our relationship with PC OEMS and other risks and uncertainties.
Please consult the various reports and documents filed by InterVideo with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to InterVideo's Form 10-Q for other risk factors that could cause actual results to differ. All forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and InterVideo disclaims any responsibility to update or revise any forward-looking statement provided in this news release.
InterVideo and UniPass are registered trademarks and InterVideo DVD Copy 4 is a trademark of InterVideo, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.