Have you got what it takes to fight to the top with a team of the meanest monsters? DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker provides the ultimate monster-hunting challenge with over 200 marauding monsters to collect and battle. Train your team to be the best by mastering countless spells, abilities, and more that will help them crush rival beasts. You can also synthesise amazing new monsters that can develop rare new abilities.
DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker is not just about battling though. Explore a colourful 3D world full of treasures and surprises; and meet a colourful cast of quirky characters that can help you with your trip to the top. There’s fun to be had in multiplayer and online use too. Challenge your friends and their monster teams with DS Wireless Communication, or compete against players from around the world in the Wildcard World Cup, via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “After the great success of DRAGON QUEST since we introduced the series to Europe, I am extremely happy that we are now giving fans a chance to enjoy DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker on the Nintendo DS. This is another stylish entry in the DRAGON QUEST series that will bring many hours of enjoyment to anybody that plays it.”
About DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker
Welcome to Green Bays, a cluster of mysterious islands that sparkle like jewels in the shimmering ocean! But travellers beware!
The islands are not as peaceful as they seem, for they teem with a multitude of monsters both great and small. Green Bays is also home to the famous Monster Scout Challenge. This renowned contest, held once every few years, determines who will be crowned the world’s greatest scout. The challenge is organised by the Monster Scout Organisation, whose headquarters are located on Domus Isle, which lies at the centre of the archipelago.
Now a new challenge is about to begin, and the crème de la crème of the scouting world are converging on the islands…
It is time for you to begin your quest to become the greatest monster scout in Green Bays, and in history!
• Collect over 200 monsters to create the ultimate team
• Train your monster squad to be the strongest by mastering countless spells, abilities, and more. The combinations are almost endless
• Synthesise amazing new species of monsters that inherit the best abilities of their parents and perhaps some rare new skills too
• Battle other teams of monsters to see who is the best
• Explore a stunning 3D world filled with monsters, treasures and surprises. Graphics use the same techniques as seen in DRAGON QUEST: The Journey of the Cursed King
• Challenge friends and their monster teams via DS Wireless Communication
• Compare your team and compete against players globally in the Wildcard World Cup, available via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
• The DRAGON QUEST “big three” – comprising series creator Yuji Horii, legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama, and renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama – come together once again to create an unforgettable gaming experience