AMD has updated its Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition drivers. Version 17.1.1 is out now and ready for download for Windows 7 32-/64-bit and newer PC systems. The headlining addition to the driver set is support for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard but there is also an array of issues fixed, and list of new known issues being worked upon.
HEXUS noted that Capcom's Resident Evil 7: Biohazard 'Beginning Hour' demo arrived on PC in December. The game will be released worldwide on 24th January and AMD is making sure its drivers are optimised for the 27th entry into the Resident Evil series. In a departure for the series, it's going to be a first person survival horror adventure, and there will be a VR version supporting PSVR launching alongside the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions.
The fixed issues in AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 are pretty diverse. Some gaming wrinkles in Dishonoured 2 and Paragon have been fixed up. AMD XConnect blue screen on audio driver loading, and XConnect Solidworks termination issues have been fixed. Furthermore, a couple of Radeon ReLive wrinkles have been ironed out.
- Dishonored 2 may experience an application crash or hang on some Radeon R9 380 configurations.
- Radeon ReLive may show an improper warning popup message when using Windows 7 basic themes.
- AMD XConnect Technology configurations may experience a blue screen system hang when audio drivers load.
- Solidworks will no longer terminate on unplug using AMD XConnect Technology configurations.
- Some system configurations may experience a black screen after installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Editions 16.12.1 and later.
- Display corruption or TDR may be experienced after applications wake up from a display timeout.
- Paragon may experience flickering in Multi GPU with DirectX 11.
- Radeon ReLive may crash or become unresponsive when toggling Multi GPU with Desktop Recording and/or Instant Replay enabled.
There are issues remaining in both the main driver and ReLive applications which AMD is working on. For your convenience I've included the full bullet pointed issues lists below:
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
- Shadow Warrior 2 may experience an application hang when launched with Multi GPU enabled.
- Radeon RX 400 series products may experience scaling issues for some applications when using the display scaling feature.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided may experience an application hang when running in Multi GPU with DirectX 12 and performing a task switch.
- AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
- Mouse cursor corruption may be intermittently experienced on Radeon RX 480.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may stop working after hot unplugging of a secondary display.
- Battlefield 1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
- Radeon ReLive recordings or overlay may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
- Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
- Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
- Vulkan applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
- Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.