Only a couple of weeks after the initial release of the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition an update featuring a plethora of fixes has arrived. AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 "delivers many new software fixes for key end user issues," seen in the initial release. Its swift deployment is claimed to be "a testament to the Radeon Technologies Group commitment on software stability".
Rather than try and sum them up in various categories, the fixed issues list is so lengthy and specific that I thought I would reproduce it verbatim, below:
- AMD FreeSync technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install during installation on some system configurations.
- Battlefield 1 may experience flashing or corruption when running in Multi GPU with Radeon RX 400 series.
- Instant Replay fails to enable itself after it has been turned off due to content protection.
- Radeon Settings may not load on system boot for some system configurations.
- Fixed some errors in translations for Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
- Audio recorded by Radeon ReLive may sometimes exhibit slow motion when played back.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
- Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
- In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit the low power state when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Radeon ReLive may sometimes not be able to take screenshots of secondary displays.
- Chromium may fail to utilize hybrid decode for VP9 content.
- DOTA2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
- Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen.
- Long ping times may be experienced with some Wi-Fi adapters.
With the Radeon ReLive screen recording and broadcasting a central new feature of the ReLive drivers, as you might expect this functionality got more than its fair share of patching up. In the known issues list in the release notes AMD has actually sectioned off a bullet point list of 'Known Issues for Radeon ReLive'.
The above linked release notes page provides direct driver download links for 16.12.2 for Windows 7 or above and 32/64-bits systems (scroll half way down that page). The Windows 10 64-bit driver is a 370MB download, for example.