- Loads apps faster, transfers files quicker and improves overall system responsiveness with up to 95MB/sec read and up to 90MB/sec write speeds1
- Ideal for users running multiple apps such as mobile games, email, photo capture and Full-HD2video recording
- Mobile phones will capture 525 billion images in 2012 and nearly one third of all video footage in 2014, according to IDC
MILPITAS, Calif., June 20, 2012 - SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced the world's fastest mobile memory card. The SanDisk Extreme Pro® microSDHCTM UHS-I card is ideal for smartphone and tablet users who want to boost their device's storage capacity while enjoying the fastest mobile experience.
Maximum Performance for Next-Generation Mobile Devices
The SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC UHS-I card enables smartphone and tablet users to fully enjoy their mobile device's advanced applications.
- Full HD Video Capture: Mobile phones will capture approximately one third of all video footage by 2014, according to IDC3. With a UHS Speed Class 1 rating (Class 10 equivalent), the new card allows consumers to record superior Full HD videos, even in 3D
- High-Quality Photo Capture: Mobile phones will capture 525 billion photos in 2012, roughly half of all photos captured this year, according to IDC4. The card is ideal for mobile imaging applications, offering up to 90MB/sec write speed for capturing multiple photos using burst mode with a UHS-I enabled mobile device
- Faster File Transfers: With up to 95 megabyte per second (MB/sec) read speed, the card moves files quickly between host devices
- Seamless Multitasking; Fast Downloads: The card allows consumers to smoothly run multiple applications at the same time and download files quickly using 4G LTE phones
"SanDisk offers the broadest mobile memory card lineup in the industry," said Chris Loh, director, product marketing, SanDisk. "Our portfolio includes microSD cards with the fastest speeds, highest storage capacities and reliability that consumers demand."
Availability and Pricing
The SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC UHS-I card is available on www.sandisk.com in 8 gigabyte (GB)5 and 16GB capacities carrying MSRPs of £25 and £39 (excluding VAT). The card is compatible with any microSDHC-slotted device and is ideal for UHS-enabled smartphones and tablets.
SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK) is a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, from research and development, product design and manufacturing to branding and distribution for OEM and retail channels. Since 1988, SanDisk's innovations in flash memory and storage system technologies have provided customers with new and transformational digital experiences. SanDisk's diverse product portfolio includes flash memory cards and embedded solutions used in smart phones, tablets, digital cameras, camcorders, digital media players and other consumer electronic devices, as well as USB flash drives and solid-state drives (SSD) for the computing market. SanDisk's products are used by consumers and enterprise customers around the world.
SanDisk is a Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, with more than half its sales outside the United States. For more information, visit www.sandisk.com.
1 Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, OS and application. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes.
2 Compatible device required. Full HD (1920X1080) HD & 3D video support may vary based upon host device, file size, resolution, compression, bit rate, content and other factors. See www.sandisk.com/HD.
3 Worldwide User Generated Video Content and Archive 2010-2014 Forecast: The Video Bible (IDC #227749, April 2011)
4 IDC, Worldwide Digital Image 2011-2014 Forecast: The Image Capture and Share Bible (IDC #234336, April 2012)
5 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.