Range of bundled services enables consumers to choose which is best for them
London, UK - May 2, 2012 - McAfee today announced a suite of comprehensive technical support services designed to help consumers meet the growing complexity of devices that their individual or family's digital lifestyle needs. McAfee® TechMasterTM services include a variety of bundled offerings that are competitively priced and leverage McAfee award-winning technical support capabilities.
McAfee TechMaster services are delivered remotely via phone, allowing consumers to receive help from the comfort of their homes without the hassle of packing up their computers and devices then driving to retail outlets. Consumers simply allow McAfee TechMaster technicians to connect remotely to their PCs, and users can either watch the agents work or enjoy the convenience of a call-back when the issue or issues have been resolved.
Research shows that the amount of time the average person spends using a computer per month is 48.1 hours, and nearly 1-in-3 people (28%) say their biggest worry when it comes to technology is their PC will become infected with a virus.
Worryingly, 53% of consumers try to resolve their technical support issues with friends and family members, not always successfully. With that in mind, McAfee has two unique comprehensive and affordable offerings:
- McAfee Concierge Gold provides busy families with a year of unlimited technical assistance for all their devices for just £129.99 annually.
- McAfee Concierge Platinum with McAfee® All Access: provides consumers with unlimited support and a subscription to McAfee® All Access, which provides security protection for all of the devices a family owns including PCs, Macs and mobile devices. McAfee® All Access just won PCMag's Editors' Choice award. The cost for Concierge Platinum is £249.99 for 12 months of continuous service and device protection.
"Consumers today have numerous devices from their PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets to their digital cameras and printers and there is no doubt that the need for professional tech support services will continue to grow," said Nick Viney, VP Consumer, Mobile and Small Business for McAfee in EMEA. "Millions of consumers already trust McAfee to protect their digital devices and we are very pleased to be able to extend this trusted relationship to include services that will meet all of their tech support needs."
McAfee TechMaster Services
McAfee Set-Up & Optimise: £49.99 per incident
- Assistance is offered with the installation and configuration of all widely-used PC, mobile and Mac applications, smartphones and tablets, home networks, peripherals such as printers and cameras, or tune-up for PCs.
McAfee Set-up & Protect: £59.99 per incident
- For PCs: Out-of-the-box guidance and set-up of new PCs and peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, a mouse and printer. Includes McAfee® Internet Security software and complimentary installation.
- For Macs: All of the above except for Macs. Also includes McAfee® Internet Security software for the Mac and complimentary installation.
McAfee Virus Removal: £59.99 per incident
- Virus Removal Service: The discovery and removal of any malware or spyware.
McAfee Advanced Troubleshooting: £89.99 per incident
- PC or Mac Troubleshooting: Addresses hardware and software issues, home network or printer-sharing issues and any problems related to peripheral devices.
- PC Maintenance:Includes malware removal, PC Tune-Up and internet booster, which optimises Internet performance to get a PC running at maximum speed.
McAfee Concierge Support:
- McAfee Concierge Gold: Includes all of the services above for £129.99 annually.
- McAfee Concierge Platinum with McAfee Total ProtectionTM software (£214.95) or McAfee® All Access (£249.95); Unlimited tech support services delivered exclusively by native English-speaking agents. Includes installation of McAfee security software.
Technical Support Needs and Issues
A recent Accenture survey found that consumers using both home-based and mobile devices would welcome integrated technical support to manage them, especially if they could turn to a single company for help:
- 68% of consumers would like help in reducing potential computer problems that put their data at risk
- 62% want their PCs to run faster
- 57% would like help tracking down the most recent software updates and security patches
(Source: Accenture survey, 2011)
The challenges reflected in this research represent the main focus for McAfee TechMaster services.
To learn more, please visit Techmaster.mcafee.com/home/uk
1 One Poll research undertaken in October 2011 with 3,000 UK adults
2 Parks & Associates, Consumer Technical Support Services, May 2011
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com.