Northampton UK, May 4, 2011 - Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, today announced the release of two cross-platform technologies - NTFS for Mac® OS X 9.0 and HFS+ for Windows 9.0, designed to eliminate barriers between Windows and Mac operating systems, and ease data manipulation and data transfer for dual boot users. Simple to install, Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0 is a standalone application that adds NTFS file allocation system support to Mac OS X, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and allows partitioning operations with NTFS volumes under Mac OS X. Paragon HFS+ for Windows 9.0 is an application based on a special driver that allows the operating system to access and manipulate HFS-formatted files.
Paragon Software was the first software developer to implement a full set of drivers with complete read/write access to partitions of any file system - including Paragon NTFS for Linux, HFS+ for Linux, NTFS for Mac, ExtFS for Mac, HFS+ Browser for Windows, and ExtFS Browser for Windows. Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0 and HFS+ for Windows 9.0 are based on Paragon's own unique Universal File System Driver (UFSD) technology - specifically developed to provide full access (read/write, format, etc.) to volumes of the most popular file systems (NTFS, HFS+, FAT, Ext2/2FS, etc.) under various platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux and DOS).
Key Features of Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0 include:
- Full support of the latest Mac OS Lion.
- Fast volume transfer speed.
- Full read/write access: Modify existing files, delete files and create or copy new files.
- Easy to install: The driver is easily installed through a user-friendly wizard.
- Easy to use: Mount any NTFS partition like a native one - no need to perform special commands to gain access.
- Create and repair NTFS partitions under Mac.
- Non-Roman characters and languages: File and folder names in national languages, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian.
- No system degradation during data transfers.
- No limitation to maximum file/partition size (must be within Mac OS X and NTFS specifications).
- HFSX/HFS+ partitions read access for Windows users
New Key Features of Paragon HFS+ for Windows 9.0 include:
- Support for journaling
- Greatly improved stability
- Unified Installer for 32 and 64 Bit systems
- Files and folder with "." as the first symbol of file name are shown as hidden
- USB 3.0 ready
The products are available for USD 19.95, EUR 14.95 or GBP 12.95 each. Both technologies are also available for licensing to manufacturers of data storage systems. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
About Paragon Software Group:
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, and Russia, delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco, Dell, Toshiba, NEC, Siemens, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at http://www.paragon-software.com/.