Eurocom Corporation (www.eurocom.com), a developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks is adding the newest AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M GPU to the 15.6" EUROCOM Racer 2.0 notebook. Eurocom will also offer the AMD RadeonTM HD 6990M GPUs separately to existing customers as an upgrade option.
The EUROCOM Racer 2.0 is a 15.6" small form factor Mobile Workstation utilizing the Intel Mobile HM 77 Express Chipset with support for the full line of 22nm Ivy Bridge Processors. Graphics support comes from AMD Radeon HD 7970M with support for overclocking for enhanced performance. The Racer 2.0 supports 32 GB of DDR3-1600 memory for unforeseen multitasking ability and performance in a 15.6" system.
"The addition of the AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M, the highest performing mobile solution from AMD, gives Eurocom customers a superior choice of video processor options to configure into their new Eurocom Racer 2.0 or upgrade into their existing system. This thing is a beast, our customers will love the graphics and overall performance of the Racer 2.0" said Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom.
AMD RadeonTM HD 7900M Series graphics processors are the most technologically advanced and feature-rich mobile GPUs AMD has ever created, enabling unsurpassed HD gaming and stereoscopic 3D entertainment. Eurocom has combined AMD technology in their mobile systems to offer a stellar entertainment powerhouse with massive computing power, delivering desktop graphics power to mobile gamers for the ultimate performance at home or on-the-go. Combined with a high quality Onkyo speaker system and THX TruStudio Pro, the Eurocom Racer 2.0 is a true notebook entertainment system.
EUROCOM Racer 2.0 will be bolstered by the introduction of the Intel Ivy Bridge processors and complete line of Intel 22nm processors. The Racer 2.0 will be one of the world's first Ivy Bridge notebooks with Intel HM 77 chipset using the uFPGA988B socket. The EUROCOM Racer 2.0 is ideal for professionals and teams who frequently travel and need access to high performance computing.
The EUROCOM Racer 2.0 is built with an ultra heavy duty design for unintentional abuse while on the go. It is a fully upgradeable system with support for the best in mobile technology. The Racer 2.0 can be customized based on processor, memory, storage, display and wireless technology. Based on the HM 77 Express chipset from Intel the EUROCOM Racer 2.0 can support up to 32GB of DDR3-1600 memory from four sockets.
With support for an mSATA Intel SSD 310 Series drive, the storage capabilities and performance of the EUROCOM Racer 2.0 are second to none. Support for an mSATA drive greatly improves boot times, performance and battery life of the Racer 2.0. With no moving parts, Intel SSD mSATA drives offer high levels of performance and reliability in a small form factor system.
EUROCOM Racer 2.0 Specifications:
- 15.6-inch FHD 1920-by-1080 pixels; Matte (Non-Glare) or Glossy (Glare); LED Backlit Display
- Chipset: Intel HM77 Mobile Express Chipset
- Processor: up to Intel i7-3920XM Extreme Processor; supports both Sandy Bridge (32nm) and Ivy Bridge (22nm) Processors
- VGA Technology: AMD Radeon HD 7970M, NVIDIA GTX 660M (Kepler); GTX 675M, GTX 670M; Quadro 3000M, 4000M and 5010M; supports Optimus technology with NVIDIA graphics
- Storage: up to 3 drives; 1x HDD + mSATA + 2nd HDD via ODD bay
- Optical Drive: DVD-RW or BLu Ray-RW; BD-RW supports 100GB/120GB Blu Ray Discs
- Keyboard: Illuminated, backlit with user changeable 7-colours
- Webcam: 2M FHD 1920x1080; 30fps; with Samsung HD sensor
- Audio System: External 7.1CH audio output supported by headphone, microphone, S/PDIF and Line-in port; THX TruStudio Pro; two built-in ONKYO Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.1a; HDMI out; DVI-I; eSATA; 2x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; Firewire-400; RJ45 (LAN)
AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M GPU Feature Summary:
- Process: 28nm
- 850 MHz Engine Clock
- 2GB GDDR5 Memory
- 1200 MHz Memory Clock (4.8 Gbps)
- 153.6 GB/s memory bandwidth
- 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 bus interface
- 2176 GFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- 136 GFLOPS Double Precision compute power
- DirectX 11 graphics
- OpenGL 4.2 support
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture
- 9th generation programmable hardware tessellation unit
- 20 Compute Units (1280 Stream Processors)
- 80 Texture Units
- 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
- 32 Color ROP Units
- 512KB L2 read/write cache
Eurocom is a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer VGA solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. Eurocom has been a leading innovator in the mobile computer industry since 1989. Eurocom is currently the only developer in the world offering a Server on the Go solution with RAID 01/5/10 support and up to 4 hard drives. For more information on Eurocom please visit (www.eurocom.com).