- Dell Canvas is world’s first horizontal smart workspace of its kind with touch, totem and pen capabilities
- World’s smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 with InfinityEdge screen added to award-winning XPS portfolio
- XPS and Precision All-in-Ones provide best sound of any AIO in the market
- Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor is world’s first 32-inch 8K display
- Dell Precision 7720 is Dell’s most powerful VR-ready mobile workstation
Bracknell, United Kingdom, January 6, 2017
At the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Dell unveiled a series of world-first innovations that are redefining personal computing. The entire Dell PC portfolio features Windows 10 and new 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, helping people maximize productivity and creativity while enjoying lifelike viewing experiences.
Dell Canvas – Work at the speed of thought
What began as the Dell smart desk concept in 2014 evolved into Dell Canvas—a new category of smart workspace technology that expands creative productivity for content developers and designers. The 27-inch QHD smart workspace can be used at an angle or flat on a desk so professionals can create, communicate and express their thoughts and ideas as naturally as they do with pen on paper. For example, through the use of touch, digital pen and totems, the Dell Canvas turns drawings into part of the digital workflow and enhances collaboration. Developed in partnership with Microsoft Corp. and powered by virtually any Windows 10 device, Dell Canvas plugs seamlessly into software solutions from partners including Adobe, Autodesk, AVID, Dassault Systems, SolidWorks and Microsoft to unleash the creative genius in everyone.
The best just got better – XPS 13 adds convertible model; XPS 15 more powerful
Dell XPS has won more product awards than any other brand in Dell’s history. Building on that success, Dell is adding the XPS 13 2-in-1, the world’s smallest 13-inch 2-in-1¹, to the beloved XPS family. It offers a 360-degree hinge for multiple productivity and viewing options using Continuum, up to 15 hours of battery life² and eye-popping clarity with a gorgeous QHD+ (5.7M pixels) InfinityEdge touch display—another first for a 2-in-1. The fan-less design keeps it silent and the quick-booting solid state drive has it up and running in seconds. And for business customers, the XPS 13 2-in-1 can be configured with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors and Dell BIOS and manageability software—all backed by Dell’s global ProSupport services.
Also, Dell has updated the XPS 15, the smallest 15.6-inch laptop on the planet¹, with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture - GeForce GTX 1050 graphics and a fingerprint reader for password-free logins vie Windows Hello with the swipe of a finger.
XPS & Precision AIOs – The best sound quality of any all-in-one PC
Some All-in-One (AIO) PCs on the market today treat the audio experience as an afterthought. Co-created with Jack Joseph Puig, Grammy™ award winning producer and director of creative innovation at Waves Audio, the new XPS 27 AIO, and its Precision business sibling, crank sound to a whole new level with built-in audio quality that previously required an external sound bar. With full frequency range high-fidelity audio built in, they deliver the best sound available in an AIO with 10 speakers pumping out sound at 50W per channel. The viewing experience is equally impressive with a beautiful 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) edge-to-edge touch display supporting 100 percent Adobe RGB colour gamut. The Precision AIO delivers more performance options with Intel® Xeon® processors, AMD Radeon™ Pro graphics capable of powering VR and outstanding reliability with ISV certifications for top programs like AVID and SolidWorks, as well as leading security and manageability software.
Dell’s first VR-ready mobile workstation cements Dell’s leadership as virtual reality PC authority
Dell is a world leader in virtual reality (VR) with the most PC options in the market including XPS, Alienware and Precision workstations supporting Oculus and HTC headsets. As more headsets fly off the shelves, there is a huge opportunity—and demand—for VR content creators. Enter the Dell Precision 7720 mobile workstation—Dell’s first VR-ready mobile workstation designed specifically for VR content creation. It’s Dell’s most powerful mobile workstation, thanks to the latest 7th Gen Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® processors and NVIDIA Pascal™ Quadro professional graphics. And since it’s a mobile workstation, creators can now develop VR content from anywhere they find inspiration.
5K is so yesterday… Dell expands displays leadership with UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor
The Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor is the world's first 32-inch 8K resolution display. It has more than 1 billion colours, 33.2M pixels of resolution, 100 percent Adobe RGB and sRGB colour gamut and an unprecedented 280 ppi—which is four times more content than Ultra HD 4K resolution and 16 times more content than Full HD. Monitors offering this extreme level of resolution and Dell PremierColor clarity and gradation are important in commercial fields where in-depth image zooming is critical—such as photo and video editing, medicine and diagnostic research, and oil and gas exploration—all among the early adopters of this technology. Plus its near borderless display gives customers 32 inches of screen real estate in a highly compact package.
Additionally, Dell is announcing several new monitors with its new HDR feature³ to enhance the visual experience through a wider range of colours for exceptionally vivid images, higher clarity with visibly vibrant textures and increased contrast to capture a multitude of natural shades and hues. New monitors with the HDR feature include: the Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor with a contemporary design, the world’s thinnest profile in its class, InfinityEdge display, Quad HD technology and USB Type-C connectivity as well as the Dell 24 and 27 InfinityEdge Monitors, which also feature dual 6W external speakers professionally tuned by award-winning Waves Maxx Audio.
Dell consumer and commercial devices refresh
Dell’s line of XPS, Inspiron and Alienware consumer devices and OptiPlex, Latitude and Precision commercial products get upgraded with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, USB-C with Thunderbolt™ 3 connectivity options and updated professional graphics from NVIDIA and AMD. Dell is also refreshing its monitor line-up, continuing its global leadership in displays.
Products built for business also feature 7th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ and Xeon® processors and new ultrathin notebook and 2-in-1 designs—reflecting customer demands for thin and light professional products that don’t compromise on productivity, security and manageability. For example, Dell expands its leadership in workstations with the Precision 5520, the world’s lightest 15-inch mobile workstation and a darling among creative professionals. The Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks™ and an award-winning 12-inch Latitude 5000 Series 2-in-1 are also added to the line-up. This detachable 2-in-1 weighs less than 2lbs, features a unique auto-deploy kickstand that extends up to 150 degrees for multiple viewing angles and has multiple connectivity options.
For desktop lovers looking for space-saving designs, Dell has redefined the desktop experience with the new OptiPlex 5250 AIO and an updated line of OptiPlex small and micro form factor desktops. These sleek products provide full desktop performance and productivity in compact chassis that can be mounted behind corresponding displays with our innovative AIO stands or under a table to free up desk space. Perfect for pairing with a desktop or laptop, new monitors also include the Dell 24 Monitor for Video Conferencing, which features a two megapixel Full HD IR camera with privacy shutter, noise-cancelling microphone and dual 5W speakers built in, and the Dell 24 Touch Monitor. Click here for more information on our full monitor line-up.
Consumer Electronics Association honours Dell innovations with CES 2017 Innovation Awards
- Dell Canvas (Honouree, Tech For a Better World category)
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 (Honouree, Computer Hardware and Components category)
- Dell XPS 27 AIO (Honouree, Computer Hardware and Components category)
- Dell Latitude 5285 2-in-1 (Honouree, Computer Hardware and Components category)
- Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor S2718D (Honouree, Computer Peripherals category)
- Dell Alienware 17 with Tobii Eye Tracking Technology (Honouree, Gaming category)
- Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse KM717 (Honouree, Computer Accessories category)
Pricing and availability
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is available on Dell.co.uk starting at £1,349.
- Dell 24 Touch Monitor (P2418HT) will be available on Dell.co.uk on January 26th starting at £364.
- Dell 24 Monitor for Video Conferencing (P2418HZ) will be available on Dell.co.uk on January 12th starting at £284.
- Dell XPS 27 AIO will be available on Dell.co.uk in early February. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell OptiPlex 5050 Micro and OptiPlex 5250 AIO will be available on Dell.co.uk in early February, starting at £559 and £609 respectively.
- Dell Latitude 5285 2-in-1 will be available on Dell.co.uk in late February. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell Precision 7720 VR-ready mobile workstation will be available on Dell.co.uk in April. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell Canvas will be available on Dell.co.uk in late March. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell Precision AIO (5720) will be available on Dell.co.uk in April. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell 24 InfinityEdge Monitor (S2418H) and the Dell 27 InfinityEdge Monitor (S2718H) will be available on Dell.co.uk in mid-March. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor (S2718D) will be available on Dell.co.uk in April. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor (UP3218K) will be available on Dell.co.uk in May. Pricing will be available at launch.
- Dell XPS 15 will be available soon on Dell.co.uk starting at £1,349.
- Dell Precision 5520 15-inch mobile workstation will be available soon on Dell.co.uk. Pricing will be available at launch.
Visit #DellExperience at the Venetian during CES 2017
At CES, Dell is hosting an interactive gallery and a series of events at the Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at the Venetian. The #DellExperience will be open Jan. 5-7 for all CES badge holders. Stop by each day beginning at 9 a.m. PT to check out virtual reality and gaming demos and hands-on experiences with new technology. Visit dell.com/CESpressroom for all materials.
With award-winning desktops, laptops, 2-in-1s and thin clients, powerful workstations and rugged devices made for specialized environments, monitors, endpoint security solutions and services, Dell gives today’s workforce what they need to securely connect, produce, and collaborate from anywhere at any time. Dell, a part of Dell Inc., services customers from consumers to organizations of all sizes with the industry’s broadest, most innovative end-user portfolio.
¹Based on Principled Technologies Report of November 2016, the smallest refers total surface area of the notebooks. Full report found here. http://www.principledtechnologies.com/Dell/XPS_15_9560_comparison_0117.pdf
²MobileMark 2014 battery benchmark: XPS 13 2-in-1 tested with 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and FHD display. Based on testing using the MobileMark 2014 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on product configuration and use, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time.
³Dell’s HDR feature has been designed with a PC user in mind and supports specifications that are different from existing TV standards for HDR. Please review the specs carefully for further details. Dell HDR monitors require HDR10 enabled content from a compatible source like your service provider, a Blu-ray disc or a game.
Offers subject to change, not combinable with all other offers. Taxes, shipping, and other fees apply. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.
Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.