If you'd thought that Bluetooth headsets couldn't get much smaller, think again. Motorola's H5 MINIBLUE is a miniscule inner-ear model measuring just 33mm x 41mm. Where's the microphone? Well, like the speaker, it's inside - the MINIBLUE picks up your voice through the ear canal!
And, having the mic pick up this way is said to offer one other big advantage - it allows the person you're calling to hear you more clearly when you're in a noisy room or driving. On the downside, talk time, at 1.5 hours, is pretty limited, though the standby time is a bit more reasonable, 7.5 hours.
There are no details of UK pricing or exact availability as yet but the H5 MINIBLUE should be on sale well before Christmas.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES (supplied by Motorola)
• Built-in speaker and microphone route voices through the ear canal, reducing outside noise
• Tiny size - only 33 x 41 millimeters
• Talk time - headset up to approximately 1.5 hours, system up to approximately 7.5 hours using the included portable charging base.
• Works up to 30 feet (10 metres) away from a compatible Bluetooth-enabled phone
• Compatible with any brand of Bluetooth-enabled phone that supports headset and handsfree profiles
• Comes with a chic, metal portable charging base
Any comments on the practicality of this one or about other Bluetooth headsets? Love to hear 'em in the HEXUS.community.
HEXUS.community - discussion thread about this article
Motorola - H5 MINIBLUE home page