What it has uncovered however is some of the company's plans for the future of the service as it seeks to build on the success of the likes of World of Goo and Tetris Party.
Looking ahead, consumers can anticipate yet another year of interesting WiiWare games, including:
* Cave Story from Nicalis, arguably the best-known indie game of all time. Cave Story takes players into a world where a race of rabbit-like creatures runs free on a serene island.
* Icarian Kindred Spirits from Over the Top Games, where players control Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl, who must descend from heaven in search of her missing friend Icarus.
* Super Meat Boy from Team Meat, an indie game in which players take the role of a cube of raw meat who must save his princess from the clutches of evil.
* BIT.TRIP CORE from Aksys Games, the follow-up to the well-reviewed BIT.TRIP BEAT with a similar graphic style and rhythm component, but featuring a completely different retro game mechanic.
* Final Fantasy IV: The After Years from Square Enix, the long-awaited sequel to Final Fantasy IV that takes place over a series of nine episodes.
If you've never checked out the WiiWare service it's certainly worth a look. Currently there are 81 games in its library so there should be something for everyone.
Happy Birthday WiiWare!