Users will find it easy and affordable to transfer images from their camera cards to CDs using the built-in CD burner, creating digital archives on CD that are simple to save, organize and share.
“The Lexmark P450 brings more photo processing functions to the home. People can now save and organize their digital photos on CD, print from a cell phone, view their photos on a television and much more. The Lexmark P450 is quite intuitive, easy to use and affordably priced,” said Najib Bahous, Lexmark vice president and president of its Consumer Printer Division.
The stand-alone Lexmark P450 provides unique easy-to-use features that give consumers the power to view, print, edit, save, organize and share their digital photos. With the Lexmark P450, consumers can:
* Save digital photos to CD with built-in CD burner.
* Print photos directly from a Bluetooth technology cell phone with the purchase of an optional adaptor.
* Print photos from virtually any digital camera product through its PictBridge port or from memory cards(++).
* Print photos in JPEG format from a USB flash drive.
* View photos on the TV using a standard video cable (must be purchased separately).
* See and edit photo images easily with a large 2.4-inch color LCD screen.
* Edit photos using crop, rotate, color fix and red-eye removal features along with popular photo effects such as sepia and antique gray.
* Produce affordable photo-quality color prints for as little as 29 cents each when used with the Lexmark 4x6-inch photo printing kit.(##)
(##) $0.29 estimated cost based upon a $39.99 estimated street price for the Lexmark 4x6-inch Photo Printing Kit (includes 140 sheets of 4x6-inch Lexmark Premium Photo Paper and one High Yield Lexmark Color Cartridge #35) which is available at Lexmark.com and select retailers. Estimate based on printing 4x6-inch color photographs on a P450 printer.
Actual cost per page will vary depending upon printer model, image, color balance, print medium setting, photo effects setting, print quality mode, frequency of use, time installed, driver version, temperature, relative humidity, and other factors.
Pricing and availability
The Lexmark P450 has an estimated street price of $199. In the U.S., it will begin shipping in October and initially will be available via popular retail outlets including Circuit City, Staples and Target, the QVC television channel, and online via Best Buy.com and Walmart.com. It will also be available via similar channels worldwide.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) makes it easier for businesses and consumers to move information between the digital and paper worlds.
Since its inception in 1991, Lexmark has become a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of printing and imaging solutions for customers in more than 150 countries. Lexmark reported $5.3 billion in revenue in 2004, and can be found on the Internet at http://www.lexmark.com.
All prices are estimated street prices in U.S. dollars – actual prices may vary.
(++) Compatible with Bluetooth (using optional adapter) and Pictbridge enabled cameras as well as cameras accepting these card types: Compact Flash 1&2, multimedia, secure digital, memory stick ms & pro, smartmedia, xD picture card. With optional adapter, also compatible with: memory stick duo and duo pro as well as mini SD. USB Flash Drive limited to JPEG format photos. Not compatible with PC or MacIntosh. Cables not included.