House of Marley Expands Worldwide Movement With New Upcycled Fabric
LAS VEGAS and COMMERCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - January 8, 2013 - House of Marley today introduced its newest collection of earth-friendly, premium quality personal audio and lifestyle products at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), taking place January 8- 11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. House of Marley will give CES attendees the chance to kick back, hear the love and experience great music from exceptional audio gear in Central Hall, Booth #10544.
House of Marley will provide a first look at a range of new products that will be available in 2013, many of which will incorporate Bluetooth® wireless technology and the brand's exclusive upcycled fabric called REWINDTM. Composed of reclaimed hemp and organic cotton, combined with the fibers of recycled water bottles (rPET), REWINDTM is finished using water-based dyes and biodegradable TPU coating for durability and wear resistance. In 2012, House of Marley introduced the MARLEY Lively UpTM and Lively UpTM Leather bag collections comprised of everyday use packs and totes made with REWINDTM fabric.
"When we started, we made a promise and a commitment to our planet and Marley fans," said Rohan Marley, on behalf of his family. "Today, we are continuing to work hard to deliver on that promise by creating extraordinary personal audio and lifestyle products that reflect our commitment to a global movement, and express our love of music, craft, the planet and people."
House of Marley products are sold in markets worldwide, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and the Caribbean. House of Marley donates five per cent of annual profits to 1Love, the global movement sparked by the Marley family that provides funding to charities and causes focused on youth, planet and peace.
"The Marley name is synonymous with universal messages of sustainability, humanity, authenticity and integrity shared through music and a way of living that transcends geography, demographics and cultures," said European Marketing Manager of House of Marley, Nick Grocott. "All attendees are invited to join our global Marley movement as we expand our distinctive audio and lifestyle product ranges, while opening up the minds, eyes and ears of the industries in which we do business, as well as Marley fans around the world."
At the 2013 CES show, House of Marley will be showcasing its new collections that embody the Marley family's values of sustainability, humanity, authenticity and integrity.
- Rise UpTM Over-Ear Headphones (RRP £149.99; Available March 2013)
Made with earth-friendly materials like soft bamboo-fibre ear cushions and covered in canvas (and REWINDTM on the Saddle version), the Marley Rise Up collection is truly unique as an aviator, over-ear style headphone. Built for outstanding sound quality and comfort, along with a unique design allow you to express yourself in style while enjoying your favourite tunes.
- Created using recyclable aluminium, durable canvas, REWINDTM upcycled fabric and braided cable
- 50mm Moving Coil for outstanding sound
- Available in multiple colourways, and offers extreme comfort
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry case
- HarambeTM On-Ear Headphones(RRP £49.99; Available March 2013)
Made with earth-friendly materials, the Harambe collection is lightweight, easily portable and delivers the look you want with the performance you demand. It allows you to express yourself in a variety of colours whether on the street with friends, on the slopes or at home relaxing.
- 30mm driver for big sound
- Integrated microphone with one-button controller; six colourways
- Buffalo SoldierTM On-Ear Headphones(RRP £89.99; Available March 2013)
Stylish, headphone that creatively utilisesForest Stewardship Council® (FSC)-certifiedwood with subtle design elements and is engineered to perform
- 40mm dynamic drivers gives this set of headphones incredible sound
- Integrated Apple microphone with three-button controller
- Soft leather ear cushions, recyclable aluminium headphones come in a carry bag
- RiddimTM On-Ear Headphones(RRP £129.99; Available March 2013)
Covered in beautiful canvas and incorporating a soft leather headband and ear cushions, Riddim headphones deliver comfort, power and style in a truly effortless design.
- Designed to provide superb comfort, durability, unique style and sound that is authentic andtrue; created using recyclable aluminium, durable canvas and recycled plastic strain relief
- 40mm drivers deliver phenomenal sound
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry bag; four colourways
- LegendTM In-Ear Headphones(RRP £199.99; Available May 2013)
Premium balanced armature design that allows for a smaller profile, while delivering exceptional sound quality. Streamlined aluminium body with an FSC®-certified wood accent piece combine to create a highly sophisticated look.
o Soulfully designed and engineered to perform
o Integrated Apple microphone with three-button controller, premium leather carry case
- LiberateTM On-Ear Headphones(RRP £79.99; Available Q3 2013)
On-ear headphones with unique design crafted from stainless steel, fabric and FSC®-certified wood, boasting high performance drivers and detailed sound.
- 40mm dynamic moving coil driver with neodymium magnet
- Soft leather ear cushions for comfortable listening
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry bag
MARLEY PORTABLE AUDIO:
- Bag of RiddimTM Bluetooth® Audio System(RRP £299.99; Available April 2013)
Bag of RiddimBluetoothprovides all of the portability and amazing sound as the original Bag of Riddim and adds the wireless convenience ofBluetoothstreaming. This amazing audio system also upgrades to a REWINDTM upcycled fabric carry bag. An integrated auxiliary input lets you connect hundreds of phones and music players and a built-in USB port is included to charge them. Stream your favourite tunes wirelessly and fill your world with great tunes wherever you are.
- BluetoothA2DP/APTX/AAC high-quality audio
- 4.5" high-output woofers, 1" high-definition tweeters and a powerful amplifier provide deep bass and an enhanced listening experience
- Comes with a universal power adaptor (100-240VAC), region-specific power cord, front mounted 3.5mm auxiliary input (cable included) and a front USB port for charging smartphones, music players and tablets
- Lithium battery and additional carry bag styles come as optional accessories
- ChantTM Bluetooth® Audio System(RRP £79.99; Available March 2013)
ChantBluetoothadds the convenience of wireless music streaming to the amazingly portable Chant audio system. The built-in rechargeable battery, convenient 3.5mm input (cable included) and REWINDTM carry bag make it simple and easy to connect hundreds of devices and fire up your tunes whenever and wherever you need them. The built-in microphone and answer/end call feature makes Chant the perfect speakerphone.
- Works withBluetooth-enabled devices and many more through the auxiliary input
- 2" speaker with passive radiator provides impressive sound anywhere you go.
- Natural Bamboo wood ring
- Exclusive REWINDTM upcycled fabric carry bag with carabiner allows for easy portability
- Roots RockTM Portable Bluetooth®Audio System (RRP £179.99; Available May 2013)
Wirelessly stream music with the Roots Rock Bluetooth portable audio system. The built-in rechargeable battery, Bluetooth and convenient 3.5mm input make it simple and easy to connect hundreds of devices and fire up the sounds whenever and wherever. The exclusive REWINDTM fabric cover conveniently folds and snaps to form a stabilising stand. Perfect for the beach, family picnic, or just hanging out.
o Bluetooth A2DP high-quality audio
o Natural Bamboo sides and recycled plastic enclosure
o Universal power supply and built-in lithium-ion battery
o Exclusive REWINDTM carry bag integrated
- Get TogetherTM Bluetooth®Audio System(RRP £169.99; Available Q4 2013)
Bring the beats outside on your porch, or inside your home, the Get TogetherBluetoothaudio system blends form and function with its built-in battery and the convenience of wireless audio. This beautifully designed and room filling audio system goes wherever you do, pumping music from its two 3.25" high-output woofers, and two dedicated tweeters. The Get Together is wrapped with House of Marley's exclusive upcycled fabric, REWINDTM, and is designed with stained bamboo panels.
- Additional auxiliary input and USB power port works with hundreds of devices
- Additional auxiliary input and USB power port works with hundreds of devices
MARLEY HOME AUDIO:
- Multiple inputs include Toslink, SPDIF and RCA
- Two aux-in connections for hundreds of devices
- Additional output for subwoofer use
- Comes with a remote control for easy listening.
In addition, many existing MARLEY products will have new colourways added to their line-up in 2013.
At the House of Marley the love lives in the details of the musical experience created; the materials used; and a commitment to sustainability, design, craft and a better tomorrow. House of Marley believes music matters, and MARLEY products are engineered to realise music's power to transform and transcend. The brand's audio products, including headphones and audio systems, are outfitted with the MARLEY "Signature Sound," incorporating more than 30 years of audio expertise into the design of the acoustics of their audio products. It is the goal of House of Marley to produce audio products with smooth, powerful bass, mids with stunning presence and an energised high-end that brings songs to life. Each product undergoes custom tuning to deliver the most realistic and powerful performances possible.
About House of Marley:
Bob Marley's vision of equality, love, philanthropy and sustainability continues to uplift and unite hearts around the globe. House of Marley realises Bob's vision of One Love, One World by creating lifestyle products that are crafted to last, use earth-friendly materials and benefit people and planet. House of Marley donates five per cent (5%) of its annual profits to 1Love (www.1Love.org). The epicentre of a global movement, 1Love.org is dedicated to spreading Bob Marley's message of unity and peace by lifting up a new generation of "young gongs" to strike the hammer for charities, causes and ideas that can change the world. Learn more at www.houseofmarley.com, join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHouseofMarley, and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/houseofmarley.
Visit the Marley Family's primary website at www.BobMarley.com and join the Official Bob Marley Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BobMarley. Learn more about other Marley Family ventures by visiting Marley Beverage Company at www.MarleyBeverages.com, Marley Coffee at www.MarleyCoffee.com, and 1Love.org at www.1love.org.