Striking, iconic system combines abstract shape with outstanding audio performance and Bluetooth connectivity
London, UK, June 26th, 2012; Since its inception in 1996, Edifier has developed a worldwide reputation for developing and Marketing visionary speaker systems that combine state-of-the-art design with a sound quality reflecting one of their core strengths: ‘Passion for sound'.
This reputation has been recognised at the recent CES 2012 show where the latest lifestyle-product - the Spinnaker - was awarded an ‘Innovations Design and Engineering Award' following months of fine-tuning of the product by ex-Wharfdale Production Manager Phil Jones. Edifier is now delighted to be able to bring this stunning new product to a global audience.
The Spinnaker is an iconic system, standing 15 inches tall the abstract shape is designed to be visually striking as well as a facilitator to enhance the audio performance. The shape projects sound towards the listener with a 19mm silk domed, front facing tweeter, a 2¾ inch mid-range driver, reinforced with a downward firing 4 inch subwoofer in each satellite. The Spinnaker is Bluetooth enabled, allowing audio connectivity to any Bluetooth device that supports both A2DP and AVRCA profiles for versatile track navigation, play/mute and volume adjustment through the multi-functional dome-shaped remote control. The remote control operates on a 433Mhz radio frequency up to a 10M radius making all control options easily accessible without the disturbance of inanimate objects. An optical and auxiliary input port is also available for connectivity to other external multimedia devices simultaneously. A speaker-output port allows an external subwoofer/speaker to be connected for additional base performance, making the Spinnaker a versatile system for both home and office use.
- Bluetooth pairing capability with Bluetooth enabled devices
- A2DP and AVRCA Bluetooth profile support within a distance of 10m radius
- Optical input port for connectivity to multimedia systems, gaming consoles and media centre
- Auxiliary input port for versatile connectivity to external devices
- Uniquely designed dome-shaped, multifunctional wireless remote with an aluminium shell
- Incorporation of digital sound processing technology (DSP) with separate 6-channel digital crossover for effective sound amplification
- Separate super-bass output port for connection to an external subwoofer
- Each speaker is a fully active and tri-amped system for enhanced dynamic and power capabilities
- Total RMS Output Power: 10W x2 + 10W x 2 + 25W x 2(THD+N testing level): 10%
- Distortion: (%) ≤0.5
- Signal to Noise ratio dB (A) ≥90dBA
- Frequency range: 50Hz - 23kHz -10dB
- Frequency response: 68Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB on reference axis
- Crossover Frequencies: 135Hz, 3.2kHz
- Channel Separation: (dB) ≥45dBA
- Input sensitivity: 780mV +/-50mV
- Treble unit: 0.75"(19mm) silk dome tweeter, Magnetically Shielded, 4Ω
- Midrange unit 2 ¾ inch(70mm), Magnetically Shielded, 4Ω
- Bass Unit 4 inch (116mm), Magnetically Shielded, 6Ω
- Audio input type: AUX, Bluetooth, Optical
- Audio output: Bass expansion for outboard subwoofer
- Adjustment: Wireless remote control; volume, mute, standby
- Power supply: Input 100V - 240V AC, Output:20V/60W DC
- Dimension: Body (W×H×D) 140 mm (5.51") ×413 mm (16.26") ×189mm (7.44")
- Weight: 4.3Kg (net) 5.3Kg
- Colour options: Black/Burgundy
Price and Availability:
The Spinnaker is available at SRP £329.99 inc and is available from 1st July from the Apple Online Store and August onwards from Currys and Comet.
Edifier International specializes in the design and manufacturing of high-end consumer audio electronics for both the lifestyle and multimedia markets, providing a wide selection to suit each individuals taste. Edifier International is renowned for its development and use of acoustic technology, superior manufacturing standards and uncompromised quality in design and production of audio electronics. Edifier is committed to excellence in all audio markets in which it operates, which include PC audio, multimedia audio, docking audio, IT lifestyle audio and home lifestyle audio. Edifier is committed to excel and extend the audio experience into further evolving both the global brand and product recognition, with a passion for sound.
Edifier continues to expand it operations and presence, moving towards the goal of becoming a world class, internationally recognized company specializing in quality audio solutions for the ever evolving consumer electronics industry.