Philips has written to HEXUS to announce availability of its 276E8FJAB 27-inch QHD monitor. The firm says this IPS panel display features Philips' Ultra Wide-Colour technology to deliver a wider spectrum of colours, for a more brilliant picture. We aren't informed about the exact tech behind the monitor, producing "natural-looking greens, vivid reds and deeper blues," but it may well be down to the application of quantum dots. However, this isn't decribed as an HDR capable display.
The Philips 276E8FJAB is one of the firm's E Line displays aimed at media, entertainment, image and productivity use. Philips' Ultra Wide-Colour technology helps the monitor perform strongly in such use cases. Furthermore, its ultra-narrow border and wide viewing angles make the 276E8FJAB specially suited for multi-display or tiling setups. Stereo speakers are built-in for convenience. Philips Flicker-Free technology is applied to reduce eye fatigue.
As hinted at above, this monitor isn't aimed at hardcore gamers but it would be good enough for some casual gaming frolics. The key product specifications are reproduced below:
- Panel Size: 27 inches
- LCD Panel Type: IPS technology
- Optimum Resolution: 2560x1440 @ 60Hz
- Pixel Density: 109 PPI
- Response time: 4ms (grey to grey)
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- SmartContrast: 20,000,000:1
- Viewing Angle: 178º (H) / 178º (V), @ C/R > 10
- Stand: tilt -5/20 degrees
- Special Features: Ultra Wide-Color, Flicker-free, SmartImage Lite, LowBlue Mode, UltraNarrow Border
- Signal Input: VGA* (Analogue), DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4* (* = cable included)
- Built-In Speakers: 3W x 2
You can grab the Philips 276E8FJAB from Amazon for $350 in the US. It seems to sell at a £350 the UK (including VAT), I found it listed by Misco but stock levels seemed uncertain.