Corsair has launched a new range of cooling fans for enthusiast PC system builders. The key differentiators of the new Corsair ML Series fans are their Magnetic Levitation Bearings and custom rotor design. Thanks to these design considerations, Corsair says the fan units provide "higher airflow, lower noise and better cooling, whatever the requirement."
The magnetic levitation bearings in the new ML Series are said to "dramatically cut down on friction," when the fans are spinning. The result is claimed to be quieter performance across the entire RPM range the fan operates within. Traditional rotor fans would be capable of similar cooling performance but the "noise increases dramatically" at higher RPMs, says Corsair.
Corsair's maximum performance, minimal noise claim is illustrated with the diagram above.
Corsair is producing the ML Series in two sizes, 120mm or 140mm, and with or without LED lighting and corner bumpers. In the product matrix below you can see the five 120mm ML fans listed above the five 140mm versions. On the far left you have a twin-pack of basic ML fans, the Pro fans add rubber coloured corners, then you have the option of white, red, or blue LED equipped models with matching colour corners and rubber bumpers.
- Magnetic Levitation Bearing: Harnesses Magnetic Levitation technology to provide lower noise, higher performance, and a longer lifespan.
- Custom Rotor Design: Delivers the perfect balance between high static pressure and high airflow, operating flawlessly in the most challenging environments.
- Extensive Control Range: A 2,000 RPM control range gives you total control between low noise and absolute performance. At 400 RPM ML Series 120mm fans provide 12 CFM of airflow at just 16dBA for near silent running. At 2,400 RPM, the same fans offer a huge 75 CFM of airflow, at an un-intrusive 37dBa. You choose the balance between silence and performance, and the ML Series delivers.
- Colour Customization: Replaceable corners mounted to anti-vibration rubber dampers allow you to match your fans with the rest of your build while delivering quiet operation at higher speeds.
- Bold LEDs: ML120 PRO LED and ML140 PRO LED are available in Red, White or Blue, with ultra-bright LEDs mounted to the centre rotor, outputting a vivid blast of light and colour.
Corsair says that the ML Series is available immediately. Pricing, in USD without tax, is indicated in the product table above.