Z Turbo Drive Storage enhanced to be better and larger than ever
LONDON, April 1, 2016 — HP Inc. today upgraded its industry-leading HP Z Workstations, combining increased system expandability, higher-speed memory and multicore updates to power the most demanding workflows. It also announced the addition of theHP Z Turbo Drive G2 1 TB PCIe SSD, HP’s fastest Z Turbo Drive solution to-date1.
The refreshed HP Z840, Z640 and Z440 desktop workstations feature next generation multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors,2, 3 the latest graphics options from NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™, as well as a choice of Microsoft® or Linux® operating systems. With the new Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 series processors, HP Z Workstations will support faster memory speeds than the previous generation processors, up to 2400MHz and can support up to 44 physical cores per-workstation4.
Designed to super charge workflow productivity and creativity, the new HP Z Turbo Drive with 1 TB PCIe SSD storage optimizes HP Workstation workflows, delivering up to four times the read performance of traditional SSDs at a cost that’s remarkably similar. The second generation HP Z Turbo Drive attains ultra-fast I/O response to process large data sets. HP Z840, Z640, Z440 and Z240 desktop workstations can be easily expanded by integrating the high-performance HP Z Turbo Drive G2 1TB PCIe with high capacity SATA HDDs and SSDs5.
“The addition of our latest Z Workstations and Z Turbo Drive demonstrate HP Inc.’s unwavering commitment to professionals who consistently push the limits of technology to bring the world and the universe life changing innovations,” said Gwen Coble, director, Commercial Solutions and Retail Solutions, EMEA, HP Inc. “As the requirement of big data intensifies, the HP Z portfolio will continue providing increased reliability, performance and innovation for customers working on everything from mission critical space endeavors to energy exploration and blockbuster films.”
HP Z Workstations are built to address the constraints of compute-intensive industries, including media and entertainment, graphic design, CAD, architecture, photography, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, scientific imaging, and oil and gas exploration. Adding to the market share–leading HP Z Workstation portfolio, the new HP Z Desktop Workstations offer availability of tested workstation applications from Adobe®, Autodesk, Avid, Dassault, ESRI, SolidWorks, Siemens and many others.
“HP Z Workstations deliver the power and speed needed for modeling, simulations, big data analysis, computer-aided design, and visualization applications, all of which translate to real solutions for a better world,” said Kristina Ropella, dean, Opus College of Engineering at Marquette University
With continued focus on performance, innovation and reliability, the three new HP Z Workstations offer a tool-less chassis, integrated handles and visually cable-less design to deliver radical ease of service, system wide efficiency and superb expandability. The new workstations offer 12.5 percent faster DDR4 memory compared to the prior generation for improved application performance and BIOS enhancements to enable higher system performance.
“You might have to be an IT geek to appreciate it, but the HP Z Workstation is a thing of art,” says Duane Powell, Chief Technology Officer and co-owner of Blur Studio. “It’s so well-designed. The inside is like a sports car and the outside, beautifully, is a simple box with handles so you can rack it.”
The enhanced line of HP Z Workstations embrace Thunderbolt™ 26 for amazingly fast throughput of large files, HP Z Turbo Drive to help eliminate storage bottlenecks, HP Performance Advisor7 for system monitoring and HP Remote Graphics Software8 for remote collaboration of graphics-rich applications.
Price and availability
- The HP Z440, Z640 and Z840 Workstations are available now in the UK with estimated pricing starting at £1,025, £1,345 and £1,580 respectively.
- The HP Z Turbo Drive G2 1TB PCIe is expected to be available in the UK from April with estimated pricing starting from £470.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Sequential performance compared to previous generations
(2) When ordering two processors, the second processor must be the same as the first. HP Z640 and Z840 processor kits include the processor and heat sink. Memory DIMMs must be purchased separately.
(3) Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance..
(4) Dual processor configurations.
(5) Each sold separately.
(6) Thunderbolt is an optional or add-on feature on HP desktop workstations. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(7) HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and internet access.
(8) HP RGS requires a Windows or Linux operating system and Internet access.