Turn videos and photo projects into Hollywood-style movie discs with new Windows-8 certified authoring tools, supporting dynamic formats including 3D
London, United Kingdom - December 6, 2012 - CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), an innovative solutions provider for media creativity, today launched PowerProducer 6, a new standard for Blu-ray and DVD disc authoring. PowerProducer 6 provides home users with a comprehensive disc authoring solution with support for the latest and most popular media formats, including MKV and 3D, as well as enhanced rendering performance and exciting new content. Certified Windows® 8 Compatible, PowerProducer 6 delivers the valuable DVD and Blu-ray authoring functionality that is essential to creative consumers, but not accessible in Microsoft's latest operating system.
"With the increasing popularity and potential of user-generated content, creative consumers are turning their precious moments into professional-looking home videos and photo slideshows. With our authoring software, consumers can add that special final touch that makes them proud to share their content with friends and family and helps them preserve their memories," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "CyberLink's PowerProducer 6 takes authoring to the next level and allows users to easily turn their media into professional-looking movie discs in the most popular formats that can be enjoyed on TVs and PCs."
PowerProducer 6 provides the most complete set of tools for authoring movie discs, recording discs in real-time, managing disc contents and now, with the inclusion of LabelPrint, printing disc labels and covers. 14 new professionally-designed animated menu templates, optimized for HD resolution, give users dynamic new ways to showcase their content on large displays.
New video format support in version 6 includes high-definition MKV, FLV and popular 3D video formats. For slideshows, new RAW support lets users include high-quality DSLR photos in movie disc productions. Output disc formats include VCD, DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray, with side-by-side 3D video options for DVD, AVCHD and Blu-ray discs.
Key Features in PowerProducer 6
- All You Need to Create Movie Discs - Easily create stunning Blu-ray and DVD movie discs with PowerProducer's complete authoring tool. Give your creations a professional look with professional designed menus. Watch discs on your TV or PC.
- Create movie discs with HD quality menus - The newly-designed menu templates are optimized for Blu-ray/1080p resolution, providing the best viewing experience on high-resolution TVs. Users can also customize menus, or download more free menus from CyberLink's DirectorZone community.
- Turn your 3D videos & photos into amazing 3D movie discs - PowerProducer 6 makes it easy to create stunning 3D movie discs! Add video in the most common 3D media formats and create 3D DVD, Blu-ray and AVCHD discs in side-by-side format to play on your 3D TV.
- Author the Most Popular Types of Movie Discs - PowerProducer 6 supports the most popular discs types. Author your own high-definition Blu-ray discs, dazzling DVDs and VCDs. Or create high-def AVCHD or AVCREC discs to enjoy on your PlayStation 3 or Blu-ray player.
- Import All Types of Media Formats - PowerProducer 6 lets users work with a wide range of video and photo file formats. Import HD videos such as MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, MKV and FLV, or RAW photos from DLSR. PowerProducer 6 also supports 3D formats from 3D cameras and camcorders.
- Create stylish disc labels with the built-in LabelPrint software - With the built-in LabelPrint software, users can design and print stylish CD/DVD labels in 4 easy steps. Even more free disc design templates are available for download from DirectorZone.com.
- Produce in Blazing Speed - PowerProducer 6 supports cutting-edge hardware acceleration technology, including Intel® 3rd Generation Core Technology, Intel® Quick Sync Technology, AMD® 2nd Generation APU, AMD Redeon Technology and nVidia® GeForce Technology. This support enables users to produce movie discs in blazing speed.
CyberLink PowerProducer 6 is available today. It can be purchased from the CyberLink online store. It is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean.
PowerProducer 6 Versions
PowerProducer Ultra: £64.99
(Supports AVCHD, Blu-ray and 3D)
PowerProducer Deluxe: £39.99
Upgrade from previous PowerProducer versions are available starting at £39.99.
Founded in 1996, CyberLink Corp. is the world's leading multimedia software company. With over 100 patented technologies that provide a solid foundation on which to continuously revolutionize the way multimedia is experienced, CyberLink's visionary outlook has allowed the company to grow rapidly. This ultimately led to a record-breaking IPO on the Taiwan Over-the-Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203) in 2000. CyberLink is currently listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW).
CyberLink's broad portfolio of multimedia applications can be categorized into two main areas: Media Entertainment - PowerDVD being the flagship product in this category, provides the latest in media playback on PCs, across devices in the home network, and on-the-go with portable smart devices; and Media Creation - offers a series of software to create enticing videos & photos, author Blu-ray & DVD discs and more. CyberLink has built strategic partnerships with leading CPU and GPU providers and a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners from top PC brands on the leading edge. CyberLink's worldwide headquarters are located in Taipei, Taiwan, with regional operations offices in North America, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The company has 700 employees worldwide, with more than 500 engineers in product design and development.