Bochum (Germany), 18 June 2012 - Losing your smartphone or tablet PC is annoying as well as dangerous; if the device falls into the wrong hands, strangers have access to sensitive and personal data like photos or the address book. Smartphones and the like are wanted targets of thieves. In the UK over 10,000 phones are reported stolen every month, according to the metropolitan police. With MobileSecurity 2, G Data is launching a new and comprehensive security solution that offers users of Android devices perfect protection against mobile online threats and the consequences of a loss: Theft protection makes it possible to locate and lock the smartphone; users can also delete their data remotely and disable use of different SIM cards. In addition, apps can be password protected so they can only be used once the password has been entered. G Data MobileSecurity 2 will be available e.g. in Google Play and the G Data online shop from June 18, 2012.
G Data MobileSecurity 2 provides reliable protection against mobile malware as well as real-time protection when surfing the net on a smartphone or tablet PC. In addition, users can block annoying callers and SMS senders, and contacts and the corresponding calls and messages can be password protected. Those who use their device for personal use as well as for work can thus protect their business contacts separately.
In addition, smartphone and tablet users can protect themselves from the fatal consequences of a loss or theft. Devices can be retrieved and stored data can be deleted from afar to protect it from third party access. Mobile devices are thus optimally protected.
Key features of G Data MobileSecurity 2:
- Instant protection when surfing
- Protection against dangerous apps: The app check verifies the authorisations of applications and categorises them.
- Protection against Android malware: Maximum protection through regular updates. Files and archives can also be scanned manually.
- SMS and call filter: Annoying callers and SMS senders can be blocked easily by entering them in a blacklist.
- Protection if the device is lost or stolen: If the smartphone is lost, the user can use G Data MobileSecurity 2 to locate the device using Google Maps or find it using an alarm signal. In addition, the user can delete all data from afar and lock the mobile device.
- Lock in case of a change of SIM card: It is possible to prevent the device from being used with a different SIM card. In addition, the user is informed of the change of card by SMS.
- Password protection for apps: Certain apps can only be started once the correct password has been entered.
- Protected contacts: Contacts from the address book as well as the corresponding calls and messages are password protected.
Price and availability
G Data MobileSecurity 2 recommended retail price: £19.95
The smart security solution will be available e.g. in Google Play and the G Data online shop from June 18, 2012.
- Smartphone or tablet PC with an Android operating system version 2.0 or above
- Space required: approx. 3 MB
G Data Software AG
Bochum-based G Data Software AG is an innovative and rapidly expanding software house that specialises in IT security solutions. A specialist in Internet security and pioneer in the field of virus protection, the company was founded in Bochum in 1985 and developed the first antivirus program 25 years ago.
This makes G Data one of the oldest security software companies in the world. For more than five years, no other European security software provider has won more national and international tests and awards than G Data. The product range comprises security solutions for end customers as well as medium to large-sized enterprises. G Data security solutions are available in more than 90 countries worldwide. More information about the company and the G Data Security solutions is available at www.gdatasoftware.co.uk.