New Product Previews of Magic Bullet Arsenal for the New iPad, Knoll Light Factory 3, Denoiser II, and Magic Bullet Looks 2 for FCP X and Media Composer; World Premiere of Trapcode Mir
Seth Worley, Director of Plot Device, to Deliver Keynote at IMUG Media Motion Ball
Portland, OR (April 14, 2012) - Red Giant celebrates its 10 Year Anniversary at NAB 2012 in Las Vegas next week with the debut of five new products, including a preview of Magic Bullet Arsenal, a new mobile portfolio app designed to connect creative professionals using Apple's new iPad.
In Booth #SL2124 of the Plugin Pavilion, Red Giant will showcase their newest products, including new host application support for Magic Bullet Suite, a new version of Knoll Light Factory, a new version of Magic Bullet Denoiser, and a sneak preview of Magic Bullet Arsenal for the new iPad. Trapcode Mir, the newest product from Trapcode creator Peder Norrby, will also make its worldwide debut to NAB 2012 audiences in the Red Giant Theater.
Red Giant is also excited to announce that Seth Worley, director and co-writer of the Webby Award-nominated short, Plot Device, will be the keynote speaker at the International Media Users Group (IMUG) MediaMotion Ball. The Media Motion Ball will be held Monday, April 16 at 5:30 pm in the East Ballroom of the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino.
All Red Giant product suites will be updated to support Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) and will be available as free updates for current CS5/CS5.5 customers when CS6 ships. Details will be announced in Q2.
Five New Red Giant Products at NAB
The following products will be on display in the Red Giant booth during the show:
- Magic Bullet Arsenal (Available in Q2): Debuting for the first time anywhere, Magic Bullet Arsenal is a mobile portfolio app designed for Apple's iPad. Arsenal allows any professional who uses photos and video to create rich, customized portfolios of images and movies on an iPad, and then easily share them using Dropbox, FTP or email. Magic Bullet Arsenal will work on all versions of the iPad, and is fully optimized for the stunning Retina display on the new iPad. Arsenal will be available in the Apple App Store.
- Knoll Light Factory 3 (In Beta, Available Summer 2012): Knoll Light Factory 3 is a major update that adds new Hollywood-tested tools to its lens flares and light animations. This all-new release uses the lens effect technology that VFX Supervisor John Knoll developed for recent feature films at Industrial Light & Magic. Knoll Light Factory 3 includes new features such as a redesigned interface, realistic flare elements, time-saving animation behaviors, and beautifully designed presets. Knoll Light Factory 3 keeps up its industry reputation of creating accurate, believable lights that look great in any film or design environment.
- Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Final Cut Pro X (Available Now): Designed to bring high-end color finishing video editors projects of any budget or complexity, Looks 2 is now available for Final Cut Pro X. Red Giant's engineers worked closely with Apple to make sure Looks 2 works perfectly in Final Cut Pro X, and Apple's latest Final Cut Pro update fully resolves any render issues with Looks 2. Watch a video about new time-saving features in Looks 2 for Final Cut Pro X, or read more at the Red Room blog.
- Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Media Composer (Available Now): Magic Bullet Looks 2 now also offers high-end color finishing for Avid Media Composer. With its new 2.0.5 update supporting Media Composer 5.5/6.0, filmmakers and editors can match Avid's high performance NLE with a huge library of film looks that have been used for big-budget movies like Angels & Demons and The Social Network, and the Webby Award-nominated indie film Plot Device.
- Denoiser II (Available Now): A completely redeveloped version of its popular Denoiser 1.0 tool, Denoiser II provides immediate clean-up results for unwanted noise and artifacts in video footage. Denoiser II's smart default settings and advanced noise reducing tools deliver sharp, clean and professional video results immediately. Denoiser II is available as a free update for Denoiser 1.0 and Magic Bullet Suite customers. New support for Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro 7 and Avid Media Composer 6 is currently in development and expected to ship in Summer 2012.
The Red Giant Theater at NAB 2012
The Red Giant Theater has a series of presentations tailored for its community of filmmakers, video editors, VFX and motion graphics artists. NAB attendees can enjoy an educational program featuring Trapcode creator Peder Norrby, Apple/Adobe Certified Master Trainer Simon Walker, as well as Red Giant's Director of Communities Aharon Rabinowitz, and Red Giant Guru Harry Frank.
Daily Presentations Schedule
10:00 am: New Product Preview: Red Giant's Aharon Rabinowitz and Harry Frank will preview the company's new products: Knoll Light Factory 3, Denoiser II, Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Final Cut Pro X.
12:00 pm: Visual Storytelling from the Editing Timeline: Apple/Adobe Trainer Simon Walker will show the newest Magic Bullet Suite working in Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro.
2:00 pm: Trapcode Mir Worldwide Debut: Trapcode creator Peder Norrby will preview his latest creation, Trapcode Mir.
4:00 pm: Visual Storytelling from the Editing Timeline. (see 12pm description)
The Red Pledge
At Red Giant, we love working with artists, and we love giving you the tools and resources to help you do great work. We're inspired by, and share in, your passion because Red Giant is made up of filmmakers, animators and designers just like you. It's that level of passion which flows through everything we do as a company, and ensures that everything about our relationship with you just works. And that's Red Pledge - our full-on commitment to your complete happiness. The Red Pledge is our guarantee that we will always be reasonable and fair. We believe in no hassles. Just happiness.
About Red Giant
Founded in 2002, Red Giant (www.redgiant.com) creates an ever-expanding universe of effects tools ranging from plug-in suites, applications and mobile apps to Guru Presets, free products and sharing communities. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide television programming to web production. Red Giant offers the industry-leading Trapcode tools for broadcast design; Magic Bullet Suite for color correction; and over 60 products that run in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Avid, Vegas, Nuke, and Avid Studio. Our effects have enhanced dozens of feature films such as Angels & Demons and The Social Network, and added sparkle to networks like NBC Universal, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy Central, MTV, and TNT. Join us on Facebook (RedGiantSoftware), follow us on Twitter (@RedGiantNews) and get free content at Redgiantpeople.com.