- Delivers ‘Everything & More' in Compact Design: 13-inch Edge-to-Edge Display in Near 11-inch Form Factor
- Offers Superb Craftsmanship and Uncompromising Performance in a Sleek, Lightweight System
- Lightning -fast Boot Time and Resume Enable Seamless, Always-on Connectivity
- Features Business-friendly services such as ProSupport
BRACKNELL, UK Mar.13, 2012 - Dell's highly anticipated, award-winning XPS 13 laptop - widely acclaimed for its superb craftsmanship, thoughtful design and durability - is now available for customers in the UK. Dell has seen ‘strong demand' for the system ever since it was first announced at the Consumer Electronics Show, and early buzz about the XPS 13 Ultrabook - which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology[i] - has been overwhelmingly positive: leading gadget magazine T3 referred to its "stunning slimline design" and described its aluminium chassis as "jaw-droppingly attractive".
"We're seeing strong consumer and business demand for the new XPS 13 - a system that is unlike anything else on the market today," said Aongus Hegarty, President EMEA, Dell." "The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It's the ultimate mobile device."
Underscoring its business-ready features, Sam Burd, Vice President of Dell's Consumer, Small and Medium Business product group continued, "The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services - like Dell ProSupport, Trusted Platform Module and coming soon, Configuration Services - that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments."
Weighing less than three pounds[ii], the XPS 13 Ultrabook cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is the one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fibre base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for utmost productivity.
Available direct from Dell.co.uk, the XPS 13 will also be offered exclusively at launch through select John Lewis stores and from johnlewis.com. Always first with the latest technology, John Lewis is known for its wide choice of products, expert unbiased advice and extended guarantees included at no extra cost on laptops.
Ed Connolly, Buying Director for Electricals and Home Technology at John Lewis says, "We are delighted to be the exclusive retailer to launch the new XPS 13 Ultrabook from Dell. Our customers appreciate stunning design, high specifications and unique features, and the XPS 13 definitely ticks all of these boxes."
A CES 2012 standout, the XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel® Smart Connect Technology[i], which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
Enterprise-friendly features include standard Trusted Platform Module for BitLocker Data Encryption and optional ProSupport after-sales service and coming soon for the UK, Configuration Services such as custom imaging and asset tagging.
Additional business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
- Dell ProSupportTM[iii]is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with various remote and on-site technical support for complex hardware and software needs that include access to ProSupport specialists.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
- Configuration Services include customising BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment. Available post-launch in the UK.
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs (1.36kg)[ii]
- 13.3-in (33.8 cm) (HD WLED, 300-nit (1366x768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
- Precision crafted machined aluminium with a carbon fibre base
- 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options[iv]withIntel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[v]
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
- Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery life; 45W AC adaptor
- Dell ProSupport[v]for business customers, Dell Configuration Services (available post-launch) and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
- 100GB of cloud storage through Dell DataSafe
- 12-month Skype Premium[vi]subscription
Availability and Pricing:
The XPS 13 will be available as of today in the United Kingdom through www.Dell.co.uk at a starting price of £949 including VAT and delivery with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[iv] and 4GB memory[v]. The XPS 13 will also be offered through select branches of John Lewis and from johnlewis.com.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.co.uk.
[i] Intel Smart Connect Technology: Wi-Fi enabled connection required. System must be on or in sleep mode with application running to update.
[ii] Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
[iii] Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
[iv] Hard Drive: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
[v] Graphics & System Memory: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
[vi] For subscription vouchers, the applicable subscription product will be applied to your Skype account, and will be subject to a fair usage policy http://www.skype.com/intl/en/legal/terms/fair_usage/. Skype's Terms of Service apply - see skype.com/tos. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers